NOW AVAILABLE from Knife Center: Limited Edition D2 RAT 3

Since you guys haven't released the production model on this yet, can I convince you to send me the one in the picture to try out and give a full review on here before they hit the shelves? :D If that doesn't work how about a sign up for a pass around to give everybody an idea about the knife and how it compares to the original Rat3.:applouse:

Since you guys haven't released the production model on this yet, can I convince you to send me the one in the picture to try out and give a full review on here before they hit the shelves? :D If that doesn't work how about a sign up for a pass around to give everybody an idea about the knife and how it compares to the original Rat3.:applouse:

put me down for a pass around if you do!

Looks like a winner to me. One (perhaps ignorant) question. In removing the choir did the cutting edge get longer, the handle get longer (hopefully) or did the OAL get shorter??

Looks like a winner to me. One (perhaps ignorant) question. In removing the choir did the cutting edge get longer, the handle get longer (hopefully) or did the OAL get shorter??

if they did it the same way my RC3 was modded several years back, they blended the handles into the choil for a longer grip.

You'll have a little more space to grip it. This is a very comfortable knife to hold.

Still working on a date for you guys (and for me... I want one).

Any ballpark on price? What about a pass around?

I'll have to get back to you on those, but I'm thinking a pass around might be tough to make happen. This knife is looking like it might sell out pretty quickly, which will end up meaning we have to keep as many as we can for orders. As for price, I've seen an MSRP; let me find out if it's official and ready to be posted. If so, you guys will be the first to know.

We have a new picture, and this knife is being submitted for the People's Choice Award from Blade Magazine. (And I promise, I'll have info for you ASAP)
Vote here: http://wingunsandknives.upickem.net...p=V&c=171351&s=77000660&i=1&sort=SORTORDER#SD

3cVvtWH.jpg

Nice knife ... but $224? Really?? I'll regrind the handle on my current D2 RAT3 and I've got a nice piece of walnut around the shop for some new scales. Good luck with it.

Looks nice! Will it be available at other retailers or only on the Ontario site?

This is available to retailers, so you should start to see it pop up.

Nice knife ... but $224? Really?? I'll regrind the handle on my current D2 RAT3 and I've got a nice piece of walnut around the shop for some new scales. Good luck with it.

I'll admit, this one's pricey. It was always going to be one of our higher end knives. When it goes to retailers, they might make some price breaks available. With these being so limited though, I wanted to get some on the site so there was a guaranteed way to get one.

... I wanted to get some on the site so there was a guaranteed way to get one.

I don't make knives and I know very little about marketing, I'm just a guy who enjoys value. IMHO, OKC has a reputation for good quality knives at reasonable prices. I can understand an attempt at a high end product but in my mind, a handle reshape, wood scales and a 'Limited' sticker doesn't turn a $75 knife into a $200+ knife. I hope that retailers will get a steep wholesale discount so this can be had at much closer to a $100 price point. I hope Im very wrong, but I have a feeling there won't be a problem getting one if your willing to pay the price.

Just my 2 cents worth ... and my opinion is probably worth just about that much, lol.

I don't make knives and I know very little about marketing, I'm just a guy who enjoys value. IMHO, OKC has a reputation for good quality knives at reasonable prices. I can understand an attempt at a high end product but in my mind, a handle reshape, wood scales and a 'Limited' sticker doesn't turn a $75 knife into a $200+ knife. I hope that retailers will get a steep wholesale discount so this can be had at much closer to a $100 price point. I hope Im very wrong, but I have a feeling there won't be a problem getting one if your willing to pay the price.

Just my 2 cents worth ... and my opinion is probably worth just about that much, lol.

I agree. Yes D2 is nice and I like the design and profile. But there are MANY other options out there in the range that offer better steel and sheath options. I was interested but not anymore

Back