1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Now I'm having fun Batch.

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    OK guys. I learned so much during the runnup to Blade Show that I'm really enjoying this craft a lot these days. It just seems like a few little areas that were a real PITA to get right on a knife are easier now. I have a nice batch to offer you today. That makes me happy. One knife is a Scandi Bushfinger on 1/8" thick 3D Spalted 01. The remaining knives are 5/32" thick 01 with convexed bevels.

At Blade Show I traded a guy for a box of antique canvas micarta! I love this stuff. It is dark and rich looking. Please check out how this stuff looks next to off the shelf canvas micarta:

[​IMG]

I put it on three knives in this batch.

[​IMG]

I am currently out of sheaths for the 4" bladed models. Heber is on it and I'm sending a Bushfinger out to Rick this week for patterning too. They can be bought directly through either gentleman, or if you're willing to wait till I get them to get your knife, you can add $40 to the price listed for those models for a Heber sheath, or $50 for a R.Lo.

These 4 Recluses are available. Desert Ironwood over black g-10 with white g-10 stripe ($250 shipped), Antique Canvas Micarta over nat can with white stripe ($250 shipped), natural canvas over nat can with white stripe ($225 shipped), or black on black with a white stripe ($225 shipped)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three guardless Ladyfingers are available with today also! Great knife for the outdoors, or around the camp kitchen. The handles are Desert Ironwood ($250 shipped), nat can over OD can ($225 shipped), or pretty Emerald Burlap over nat can with white stripe ($255 shipped).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two Bushfingers are on the block this afternoon also. There is the 1/8" thick and Scandi one with natural Burlap scales ($255 shipped) or the gem quality stabalized and dyed a golden brown curly Maple one ($255 shipped). The other one shown seperately is the one going to Rick. And it may get kept. I like it a lot with that antique canvas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have two spectacular Hunter's to offer today. One has a convex sabergrind and antique canvas micarta ($300 shipped). The other one has stabalized dyed curly Maple. This piece of maple is a greenish brown and has some spalting to it too ($305 shipped). Again, I'm out of sheaths, but Heber has these ready IIRC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    I'll take the maple bushfinger

3. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Outstanding batch Andy!! The maple Hunter is amazing. If I wasn't holding out for another HB I would be all over that one. I'm just gonna lust over these ...

4. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Next up is a KPH wearing Wenge over nat canvas with a white stripe and pretty wide swedges! I love doing swedges now. Woot. ($235 shipped) (again, no sheath right now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a PRETTY tuxedo configuration Bushboot I want to keep really badly. This knife is just a design I love to carry. Black can over nat can with nat can pins and bullseye tube ($200 shipped). I have Rick Lowe ($50) sheaths for these or Heber ($40) sheaths.

[​IMG]

I also have this for Mr. Dave. Contoured bone and black on a Hiking Buddy. Get in touch with me Dave. Thanks!

[​IMG]

5. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    How could I have guessed.....

Thanks Erich! You are a Godsend! May everyone catch your knife preference pattern fever!

The HB is yours my friend. Hope you like it.

6. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Guess I was a little quick on my reply Andy! :D You nailed it!! PM headed your way.

7. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    I will take the antique canvas micarta handled hunter.

Mark

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  8. Stratmeister

Stratmeister

Feb 6, 2009
    Sweet, sweet, sweet... that bone HB is awesome! More bone Andy... um, I guess that just sounds wrong doesn't it?...

9. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Nice choice on the Hunter Mark. That antique micarata is very cool.

Stratmeister
    I've learned to have thick skin when referring to bone handles. :eek::D

10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks Mark! That knife is most excellent!

11. Blaid

Blaid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I am trying to not look at that maple Hunter!

12. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Andy, I'll take the Antique Canvas Micarta over nat can with white stripe Recluse ($250 shipped) I'll send the paypal here shortly. Thanks!!!

Blaine

13. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I'll take the maple hunter. Thanks.

14. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    You're killing me with those Ladyfingers Andy!

15. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Thank you Swonut and Brummie!!

16. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    That antique canvas micarta is sweet!

17. Skinny

Skinny

Jan 21, 2009
    Can you give me a blade length on the bushboot? I'll take it if it is 3" or less (and probably otherwise).

18. in the flesh

in the flesh

Jul 11, 2010
    I'll take the emerald ladyfinger.

19. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Skinny, I have a Bushmoot and the blade length is 3 1/4" - 3 5/8" best I can measure. I hope this helps till Andy can pipe in.

Mark

20. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Payment sent Andy via pp. Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,
    Mark