Nutnfancy Reviewed the Sebenza. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to explain to the guy that he is misusing the term philosophy. He spends 10 minutes going on about ” admiration knife” is a ”philosophy of use”. No. Expensive things are status symbols. That sums up 20 minutes of his video.

$410 is a lot of money. Imagine what a Sebenza would cost if he bought 100 of them, had them painted, and then he scratched his name into the coating.

If people will pay $150 for a Chinese Spyderco with his "modifications", imagine what they would pay for an actual, nice knife.

:thumbup:

I'm a big douche:D

The part that got to me was the way he kept trying to open the sebenza up lightning fast. He made some good points, but he was off on most. I'd like to see what he says about the umnumzaan.

He is so poorly informed. He actually states that the sebenza is MARKETED as a folding TACTICAL knife. When, where, and on what planet was the sebenza even considered a tactical knife? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to state that the seb is marketed by CRK as a tactical knife is just plain ignorance. Well I guess he and his viewers will not be buying many sebs which leaves plenty of douche knives for the rest of us! :D:thumbup:

He is so poorly informed. He actually states that the sebenza is MARKETED as a folding TACTICAL knife. When, where, and on what planet was the sebenza even considered a tactical knife? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to state that the seb is marketed by CRK as a tactical knife is just plain ignorance. Well I guess he and his viewers will not be buying many sebs which leaves plenty of douche knives for the rest of us! :D:thumbup:

Google tactical sebenza and lots of dealers come up marketing the Seb as such. It's true CRK doesn't use the word in their description, but your statement that the knife itself isn't ever marketed as tactical is false.

I agree that CRK does not market it as "Tactical", but I have seen it before on certain sites. Check out KnifeArt's description of the Large Sebenza 21: "The Chris Reeve Sebenza is the standard hard use tactical folder." I'm not defending the use of the word tactical regarding the Sebenza, but saying it is actually more widespread than just nutnfancy. Of course these days if it's not a slipjoint, it's tactical, and I've even seen some "tactical slipjoints". I wish I was joking.

I'd like to see what he says about the umnumzaan.
It would probably go something like this:

"...Welcome to my review of the CRK Umnumzaan. For those of you unfamiliar with the name Umnumzaan; it translates in English to ~ Tactical, Covert, Magnum. Despite the Umnumzaan's unique ability to open and close, it's actually considered a Tactical Fixed-Blade Knife...:rolleyes:

Google tactical sebenza and lots of dealers come up marketing the Seb as such. It's true CRK doesn't use the word in their description, but your statement that the knife itself isn't ever marketed as tactical is false.

I stand corrected. However anyone with a computer and half a brain could go to CRK's website and see for themselves that the seb was not designed to stab and slice people, and that it was never intended it to be marketed in that way.

Last edited:
Also, regarding nutnfancy in general. People seem to forget that he is not a knife person. He's a "Tactical" person that also likes knives. If he was a knife person, he wouldn't open all his knives with that wrist flick. That makes me cringe every time. He doesn't care about the knife. It's not something to cherish and have your whole life. It's a tool that can be replaced when it breaks (from gross negligence.)

I was going to watch it and comment, but I clicked on the link and some 49 minute long video popped up.

No way am I spending 49 minutes...

Did all the people commenting in this thread ACTUALLY watch that thing? I'm both impressed and concerned by/for anyone that watched that whole thing.

Hell no...I watched about 5 mins....scrolling through. 49 mins on a knife review is nuts

I was going to watch it and comment, but I clicked on the link and some 49 minute long video popped up.

Did all the people commenting in this thread ACTUALLY watch that thing? I'm both impressed and concerned by/for anyone that watched that whole thing.

I don't watch many of Nut's videos, but I watch jdavis882's videos of the Sebenzas. Davis said that if he were going to be restricted to one particular knife for everything, he could be very happy with a Sebenza. Of course, I'm paraphrasing.
Sonny (I now own my original Zaan and three large Sebbies. Good grief, where does it stop?)
:)

I protest!!

You would. I give M3's and the 6 series (not the X6 thing) a pass, but the rest I would have to agree.

But on topic, I do not get why everyone brings him up over and over to bash, jealous maybe?

Last edited:
There are plenty of manufactures that throw the douche flag before BMW. I never saw the appeal of the Sebenza, so I didn't watch the review.

You would. I give M3's and the 6 series (not the X6 thing) a pass, but the rest I would have to agree.

But on topic, I do not get why everyone brings him up over and over to bash, jealous maybe?

...jealous of?.........:confused:

There are plenty of manufactures that throw the douche flag before BMW. I never saw the appeal of the Sebenza, so I didn't watch the review.

Don't like Sebenzas and didn't watch the review...just checking to see if your keyboard is still up to spec?

^^ I'll just double post instead of editing. I did read the summary and it matched my thoughts for the most part, so I didn't bother watching. I am open minded however, and just because it ain't my cuppa tea doesn't mean I don't like them. They are knives afterall :)
As far as nutn, I have to agree that he is full of himself. He does more good than harm for the knife community imo, or at least those interested enough to look at a knife review.

Last edited:

Yes, unfortunately I watched the entire thing, in 5 min increments throughout the day. I am a sick man......

^^ I'll just double post instead of editing. I did read the summary and it matched my thoughts for the most part, so I didn't bother watching. I am open minded however, and just because it ain't my cuppa tea doesn't mean I don't like them. They are knives afterall :)
As far as nutn, I have to agree that he caters more towards entry level knife guys and is full of himself. He does more good than harm for the knife community imo, or at least those interested enough to look at a knife review.

Ah, fair enough :thumbup::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back