• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

O1 steel and Blue/Black G10 Bushcraft Knife

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is my take on a Bushcraft styled knife, it is chisel ground, has textured G10 scales and a "knocker" pommel. It comes with a kydex pocket sheath that is tek lok compatible for maximum versatility. This knife is made of heavy duty 3/16" thick O1 steel (high carbon tool steel), stainless tubes and grippy canvas textured G10. The chisel grind is somewhat easy to field maintain and makes great fire starting sticks, you can plane the wood off very evenly with this type of grind. The knocker pommel can come in handy for cracking nuts, pounding wooden stakes and that sort of thing. It is a unique design that is very useful in the field. I did the heat treat with my digitally controlled kiln.

O1 Steel - Blue/Black G10 - stainless tubes
Chisel Ground
about 9" long, roughly 4.5" blade and 4.5" handle
3/16" thick!

100% handmade in the USA - Sole Authorship

$150 Shipped with sheath Sold!

030an.jpg

024zl.jpg

029pb.jpg

031xi.jpg

040nt.jpg

035ui.jpg

003hkl.jpg

Last edited:
someone get this before i blow all my budgeting plans out the window (ie pay off my visa)

I'm a sucker for blue and black g10 in any shape way or form

I saw "sole authorship".....

I'll purchase it! (Taking it seems so rude ;) )

I'm diggin this one too Dan. I have yet to see one of your pieces that I did not want to buy. I just have to keep telling myself no.
I really like that black and blue G10, ya might have to do that on the knife we have been talking about.

i will definitely be watching out for these with the different grinds. full flat or scandi would sure do it for me :)

I'm diggin this one too Dan. I have yet to see one of your pieces that I did not want to buy. I just have to keep telling myself no.
I really like that black and blue G10, ya might have to do that on the knife we have been talking about.

Note taken! :D That blue/black is cool isn't it, I bought a few sets of it I like that combo so much.

i will definitely be watching out for these with the different grinds. full flat or scandi would sure do it for me :)

Cool... be on the lookout in a month or so. :D

sweet one :D

looks like more are needed!
I am making a few of them like this for orders (and a ton of big choppers!) and then it's on! :cool:

Here is my take on a Bushcraft styled knife, it is chisel ground, ...
I'm intrigued. Or maybe really curios on why chisel ground?
In my short experience with chisel grind, I found no real advantage vs. any other grind. Actually it was the opposite - made control cuts more difficult. Couldn't really make a feather stick for example.
Looking at your knife - which looks good BTW, can't help but ask: why chisel?
I'm obviously more interested in your personal opinion (as a maker/user) on chisel grind. By no means I intend to state that one grind is better than another.

I'm intrigued. Or maybe really curios on why chisel ground?
In my short experience with chisel grind, I found no real advantage vs. any other grind. Actually it was the opposite - made control cuts more difficult. Couldn't really make a feather stick for example.
Looking at your knife - which looks good BTW, can't help but ask: why chisel?
I'm obviously more interested in your personal opinion (as a maker/user) on chisel grind. By no means I intend to state that one grind is better than another.

I use chisel ground knives every day and I prefer them over most knives. I like the way they cut and they are easier to maintain especially in the field. That is also why I grind them that way, I think they are a high performance low maintenance grind.

I think they excel at making feather sticks because they cut like a planer, they work great for me.

Back