Octagonal Handle, Jersey Head Finished - Picture Heavy

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by SkogKniv, May 30, 2012.

1. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    hhahaha now I know what he was asking about. Like Bridger said. They are not deep at all.

2. Bridger

Bridger

May 20, 2009
    I'll go check that vid out right now. I've watched some of your others, but it seems I missed that one. That's great to here. It seemed to be of good quality, but you can't see what kind of steel it is and how it was heat treated so I was a little worried.

3. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    Bridger,

Just a tip (though I am no expert) These heads are great...after the bit has been thinned out some. I got 3 of these heads. The first one was worked on some, and I put the edge on. The second I got was not worked, and I just set the edge. This one I did a lot of thinning on, and its the best profile so far.

4. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    Sorry man, it was my last video, not second to last. You can see the axe in the preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDvOPIDCug&list=UUgaM1u0F-f8yib5qQHw21bw&index=1&feature=plcp

Don't mind the banter, I was addressing a hater.

5. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    tremendous

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  6. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    I got a witness. I'm not one to be told a liar.

Granted the wood was pine and not very hard, but it was still popping hair.

You don't believe me, that's your problem.

7. DeadFall27

DeadFall27

May 18, 2011
    Probably the most beautiful hang job I have ever seen...wow...just wow...

8. Bridger

Bridger

May 20, 2009
    That's what I was planning on doing if the steel was good enough to support a thinner profile. I figured out which vid it was no problem. Nice video btw.

9. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    Tremendous

10. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    Heh, why lie about it. I got some that wont do that after a little use.

Seems you got a personal problem with me. If you don't like what I put up, then just move on. Its not hard.

11. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    Tremendous

12. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    Why the attack?

You have made a couple questionable comments in this thread now.

The head I did use was out for a day camp. It chopped and split more than enough wood for our small fire. Then we spent a little time biting into a fallen white pine. It sure wasn't none stop continuous chopping for 3 hours no. It was enough hard chopping to determine that the edge held and was of decent steel. Shoot to the end of the video I posted earlier to see a couple pics taken of when we began working on that down tree.

I got nothing invested in where that head came from, because I don't even know. Which I have stated in several of the threads I made about them. Its good or its not. What do I care. One thing is for sure is after the work, that axe still popped hair, to our surprise. Like I said, it was soft wood. Would I expect that after just an hour on oak? Obviously not.

I'm obviously going to get defensive when I am called a liar.

13. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    If this thread cannot maintain civil discourse, we can just close it. There is no need for antagonisms or personal digs at one another. It seems maintaining civility is harder than maintaining a clean edge on a hard use chopper. :rolleyes:.

14. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    Tremendous

15. M3mphis

M3mphis

Jan 13, 2011
    Now, now boys...

One thing that I have noticed is that "popping hairs" means different things to different folks. I, for one, am going to chalk it up to that.

SO... the mystery of the "circle N" axe remains unsolved???? or did I miss it somewhere?

16. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    I am not an expert, and you will not find me to have said such, quite to the contrary.

Calling BS, is calling a liar.

17. SkogKniv

SkogKniv

Jul 25, 2009
    Still is a mystery. No one has offered up an answer on it yet. Someone said the name "Norton" once, but I guess it's not their logo.

18. M3mphis

M3mphis

Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I think it's time to call in the big gun. Steve Tall, where are you, Brother? I've tried to figure this out probably 5 times and failed each time. Steve, think you can solve it?

19. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    tremendous

20. M3mphis

M3mphis

Jan 13, 2011
    cattledog, what the flip is your avatar? It looks like a red tailed hawk at a disco party.