Odds And Ends Lt

I have been receiving some requests for memorbilia. I apologize for not being able to correctly answer some of these questions. Time, volume of material, and just being one person is limiting my ( already questionable percentage of effectivness.) What also has happened is that I will put a dozen knives on at a time and in doing so cannot give them the individual attention that can be done with one or two at a time. It is good that there are people here who have the interest and time to persue the many details ( amount of production years ect especially of the more modern stuff ) of this study.

In any event what is happening is that in trying to do everything I seem to be going backward. Therefore I decided to when I come accross a catalogue or what may be an interesting piece of Schrade history I will attempt to at least post some of it. This will perhapes allow anyone with an interest to acquire some info or pics they might want. I also will when applicable post a pic of the front of the catalogue this info has come from, while it will not totally show all they contain it will at least allow the reader to recognize that particular catalogue and some of what it contains should the opportunity arises to acquire that particular piece.

This one featured today is from the special edition Knife Program which was headed by Bill Judd and Dave Davis. Before joining Schrade Bill was the general manager at Colt and Dave was the vice presifent of Marketing at Colt. The pictures show various options availabe for special editions for various companies or organizations. The question often comes up did Schrade actually produce some of the oddball items ( weird bolsters ect ) or were they after market or done other wise, these pics will show some of the special features which Schrade did in fact offer. NOTE one of the pics is of milling, jimping, gimping or whatever your preference is to call it, styles available as well as factory filework available as well. I just picked a few pics at random since I can only post 5 pics at a time. Often even this means I must delete earlier postings. If you like this idea please let me know. If you have contributions please post them. This particular catalogue while not having a date does use the ( original Canal St address ) It also has a dandy back page which tells you about Organizing a Special Knife Program. It does say that the program was formed by Judd and Davis in 1983 ( after 30 years with Colt). Again let me know if there is interest in a thread like this. I truly hope you find it informative and useful. LT PS I took today off Lobster Bisque, venison cheese steak heros with sauteed mushrooms onions and peppers. Some John Wayne movies ( my Duke blood count needs to be refreshed when I go to long between doses ) . the fireplace in the barroom going , perhapes one or two ( dozen) libations. It was zero out last night. Oh yes I will be joined at the bar by Buddy and Buster ( usually asleep). Well it ain't the best of all worlds but it ain't bad. My thoughts will be with those who will sleep in a faraway desert tonight and do so that free people may enjoy the things I have just mentioned. Please keep them in your hearts as well.

I for one, would be extremly interested in your continued forum displays.
PLEASE!!
I bet we can come pretty close to a date on that special catalog.
Thanks and stay warm. It was a 4 dog night here too.
Larry

It is before 86 when they moved ( If I remember correctly) and it says the program started in 83 so it is between there. LT

Looking at your pictures is about as close as I'll ever come,to knives that nice!!:)
Ron

Never be to sure life has a tendency to do what it wants regardless of what we think feel or do. Life is like a woman ( JUST KIDDING ) I just did that for another thread.. LT

Im gonna guess the catalog is from 1984. The butt of the knife on the left in the 4th pict looks like a 3rd Gen which were only made 83 & 84..
Please post more when you get the chance

Since I see there is some interest so I am posting some more pics from this catalogue. This is a small catalogue again primarily for the Custom Market. The two fellows in the picture are the ex Colt employees previously mentioned. It looks like the fellow with the fine head of skin is trying to talk the guy with the knife out of scalping him making his point that he has no hair and the guy would have a better momento if he scalped himself. The catalogue is only 8 or ten pages and these are about all the pics in it. LT

I for one would appreciate any photos you may have the time to share with us, especially ones with fillet or fish knives in them. Sorry I have not been able to add much to the forum lately. After going through all of December and most January with little or no work, I am now balls to the walls busy. I need to catch-up one some bills so I can afford to buy more Schrades.

Thanks Rick

This next catalogue was from 1980 one of these recently was sold on ebay. I was contacted by one of the members who was interested in its content. So I dug around and found a copy. This has a lot of pics in it so I am starting with the first 5. I hope you find it interesting. LT PS some of these may have been posted in the past however I am just going through the catalogue so if you have seen one of these pics before sorry.

Outstanding LT.
You can keep them coming as long as you want. It is great to get some historical references to knives we have in our collections.

Thank you,
Dale

Wonderful, LT! These kinda things are great, and I think really add to a collection. Knives are a dime a dozen, relatively speaking... while these things are really rare. I've got lots of knives by other manufacturers, and I like to find those companies old catalogs, collectibles, memorabilia, ect.

Good example: I have a six inch handmade texas toothpick by Graham Clayton of Great Britain. One of his bowies on ebay now for $500... I can't afford that, but I was lucky enough recently to find a Seller from the UK who had a nice, glossy, full color tourist brochure from the place where the man works to this day (Digby's Kellam Island) Makes the knife I have all the more valuable, at least to me.

Thanks for your efforts!

Phil

lt632ret said:
I hope you find it interesting. LT
PS some of these may have been posted in the past however I am just going through the catalogue so if you have seen one of these pics before sorry.

Interesting?? Most definitely. Seen before?? No I haven't but wouldn't matter if I had, hell, these are worth even a third or forth "look-see"....

Thanks LT...

dannyb

Tonites catalogue is dedicated to Micheal and Dale. I hope everyone enjoys the pics. LT

Thanks so much for sharing these Rich. Those catalogs are really awesome.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Bill

Back