Ode To A New Sebenza

Once you get over your initial infatuation with your 'Benza, you may wish to pick up one of the very few that Chris does with a polished blade. It is a bit more 'dressy,' and shows off the steel better.

I told bald1 about this, and he was green with envy!
smile.gif
Walt

Walt,

That sounds like a great knife, but I might be reluctant to use it, and that would be a shame.

Though I take care of my knives, I don't want to be afraid of using them for their intended purpose.

For now, my Large Sebenza suits me fine.
It has a good story behind it, as my good friend Bill would say.

Blues

Bill,

Since you've never commented on Anne's e-mail here, I simply must. Seems that the notion of plugging the SAGWADD with a jewel, etc is not original. Anne says they've enlarged the hole and placed stones or a cabochon of mother of pearl in them!

As for my reaction to the neat "grain" I saw in the BG-42 blade as delivered, Anne tells me it's really not grain at all but rather a polish arrived at
by tumbling the blades in an aggressive stone media - nothing to do with
the actual steel. It will polish up just like any other steel and, in
the same way, other steels can be finished this way. Hence, the good Doctor's jab about his having one of the very few BG-42 Sebenzas that CRK produces with a high polish on both blade and handle ( which obviously commands a premium as well).

-=[Bob]=-

The tumbler is actually just like one of those "brass polishers" that reloaders use to clean up their brass b4 reloading. It's just filled w/small stones or other media. Toss the blades in and turn it on and a few hours later the blades come out looking like the Sebenzas.

The beauty of MY Sebenza and Umfaan is their strength, feel, quality, and utility.
They are knives you just feel good about using. Sometimes "using" can be opening and closing it slowly to experience the fluid action.
My Sebenza has the plain finish. The Umfaan has the '98-99 zig-zag pattern. They might appear plain and unremarkable to some, but they are beautiful to me. One, or both, have been with me since the day I got them.
I thought long and hard about a Sebenza or Umfaan with a fancy finish. I arrived at the truth of the matter when I discovered they would get far less use if they were fancier.
I learned the same thing about motorcycles. The more chrome, the more time needed to maintain it, nd less time to ride.
Plain is good.
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill McWilliams (edited 10-19-98).]

Hey everyone! I'm the new owner of a smal Sebenza that I recently purchased a gun and knife show in Kansas. I absolutely love this thing!!

Question: How many of you own the small version? This is the one I bought. I thought it would carry easier at the office. Don't want to upset the natives. Besides I have other forlders the sixe of the large Sebenza and wanted something smaller. anyone regret not getting the larger version? So far, I am very pleased with my choice. However, I thought long and hard about which one to buy.

I love this knife!!!

Tony

I'm a new owner of a small, plain, Sebenza. Everything I've read about the Sebenza is positive. How come no one has pointed out the fact that the handle can scratch really easily? I don't know, maybe it's just me, but a $290 knife should not be able to be scracthed so easily. I scratched my Sebenza rubbing it with a towel, how pathetic is that? How can this happen to such an awesome knife? I guess nothing really is perfect after all.

Back