1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Off Topic: Coolest Tactical Rifle Ever!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by BePrepared, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    This is my new grail. I have never seen a gun i wanted more than this!

A full sized 7.62 battle rifle that fits in a 16" wide hard case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;nm1g--T0uGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nm1g--T0uGo[/video]

Thought you guys might like this thing

2. mymindisamob

mymindisamob

Feb 1, 2005
    Nice! This is (and undoubtedly will be forever) my Grail.
    [​IMG]

3. 87Burban

87Burban Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Very Cool

or

You could get a rock river 308, extra mags, a nice scope, a pelican case, and a whole lot of lake city ammo for what that costs

Just a thought

4. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    Laughably overpriced.

5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Each to their own mate but that one made me vomit into my mouth just a little..... ;) :D

I would say you could get a similar effect with any of the production AR10 type rifles and a bit of though....and have change... ;)

6. Izhmash

Izhmash Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Dude...you live in Austin. Support a local business and get a Larue OBR.

7. dman62

dman62

Sep 27, 2010
    I'm old school, I still love my FAL.

8. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ....now there is a man that knows his rifles...... !!!!!!!! Of course the L1A1 is the thinking man's FAL but you are close enough .. ;)

9. Lt.Col.Vortex

Lt.Col.Vortex

Jul 22, 2012
    Anything that shoots something bigger than a 5.56 is cool to me.

It looks like a SCAR offshoot. I'm a big SCAR H fan.

10. M67

M67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Wow, all that for the low low price of $5,615?!?!?!?!?? :eek: :eek: That's such a steal I need two!! :rolleyes:

For that price, you could build one hell of a SBR that could have the same OAL and would require no assembly.

I like the FAL idea above. 11" barrel with fodling stock if you're looking for a compact 308 rifle.

11. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ....yep...a mate of mine has a FA OSW built up on a LaFranch receiver .... :D I have some pics and or video of me running it in FL a couple of years ago... :D

12. wolfdad

wolfdad

Sep 20, 2010
    Have you shot one yet? It does look like a SCAR heavy which is a pretty nice rifle. I have no problem with spending alot of money on a gun if you have the money to spare but to me it also depends on what you get for that extra money. Things that I would consider before spending that much on a gun- and this just how I think, everyone is different--- how does it shoot (accuracy, recoil, and reliability) and is it durable- how is the fit and finish- at that price those things count. And does the company stand behind it's product 100% like Busse Combat does. How good is the customer service?- very important. And can the gun hold a good resale value as a no name gun just in case you don't like it? That's another benefit of the Busse name- they hold value. Alot of guns will too- examples, GLOCK, Wilson Combat, Heckler and Koch, FN, Springfield Armory, Colt, and Remington or Ruger. Smith and Wesson....all very well known names. Paratus? First time I've ever heard the name is this post and I'm around gun people all the time.

13. Jaytaylor

Jaytaylor

Feb 9, 2012
    My grail.....

The one in the middle.

[​IMG]

14. retrocon

retrocon

Mar 20, 2012
    Very cool, BP, but it sounds pretty "Coastie" to me ;-)

Seriously, though, "ready" is a pretty cool name for portable like that.

I think the maker is actually a speciality shop, and i don't know what else they do... DRD Tactical Arms.

The only thing i don't really like about it is that they stay with the AR direct gas system, which is one of the weak points IMHO, in the AR design. Why they didn't go with a gas piston, i don't know. But then, i'm sure plenty of traditionalist will argue that direct gas is still the best.

Here's my grail.

http://youtu.be/Pu-hXhS2KJc

McMillan TAC-50 suppressed. I have a .50, but something about the Gail McMillan legacy for accuracy, the Furlong shot, and a suppressor. Just makes my toes tingle.

:cool:

15. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    i think a breakdown version of the sig 556 would be pretty cool. I really like small rifles. One of the top items on my list is the Tavor that's coming out this year (hopefully)

16. retrocon

retrocon

Mar 20, 2012
    Tavor is nice, being IMI is a plus, and a bullpup.

i've always wanted to "bullpup" one of my saiga-12s ;-)

17. Circle10

Circle10 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2011
  18. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    i don't like FALs... they are just too bloody long for me. I prefer bullpups overall, but somehow an AR pattern 308 just doesn't seem as long to me

i know this is not actually TRUE, but shooting them side by side, the fal always seemed a mile long.

19. fbusmc

fbusmc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Like the piston systems. POF Recon and DSA FNFAL can't ask for any better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. PolygonalGuy

PolygonalGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Sig Swiss 552 is just a great rifle on the CQB ultra high end. But you will pay for it. 99% in the original Swiss flight case and Schmit and Bender will run you 9000.00 if you find someone hurting for cash.
    For shooters the HK9x weapons are hard to beat. I have most all of them and they make these new gen guns look like junk...