Official 4th of July swap. Sign up ends June 21st

Second box, that shipped today?

Since monofletch was kind enough to hook you up with a charger....

....pitched in a coupla new rechargeable 123A's, to go with the monofletch charger.

....pitched in a coupla new rechargeable 123A's, to go with the monofletch charger.
Got the missing link,oops,I mean the missing goods,thanks G-man,much appreciated.

Check it out folks,more goodies.....
Lets see,we have a Panty Pink :eek: micro fiber cloth,that'll be great for wiping down all sorts of gear.
And a light stick,12 hour run time with out batteries,how in the heck do they do that?Magic I tell ya,magic.;)
And a tube vault,great for waterproof storage of fire prep items,or batteries,or..............well,you get the idea.
A bag of fatwood,gonna put some in the tube vault with a ferro rod & cotton balls,plain cotton balls,I don't need no stinking PJ on my balls.:rolleyes:
A bag of various sizes of little desiccant packs,great for absorbing moisture & preventing rust,gonna spread some around the knife chest drawers.
And some LR123A batts,hope they work with the charger Mono is sending me.
They are noticeably brighter than the 123s that came with the flashlight in the first package.

Thanks Gnarly,that was way above & beyond and the gesture will be passed along.
Thanks again to Chris too,it was his idea that got this ball a rollin' after all.
Now for the Xmas 2012 swap!HoHoHo!

89e710c7.jpg

Ok,the fun's over,
now lets all send some smoke up for Just1More & Sally T.
He posted that he got my package,& hasn't been on since.
I am worried!
Smoke's up for Bill & Sally T,hope you guys are alright.

smoke for Bil and Sally T! I will email him at work tomorrow

No reply, to a couple emails I sent 'em & a PM from here.

If work is reasonably contained today, I'll call them.
Anybody know if they are in the Ohio area that lost power, a few days ago?

Sage smoke & prayers up.

Man, I almost forgot what my password was to get on here . . . .
Folks, G-man, Chris, Myke, BA, & all the rest of you KFU forumite's, we love you guys . . . yes, a grown man used the "L" word, but Sally T and I mean it from our hearts. I will not get into detail of what has transpired the last few days, but it has been handled, dealt with, and as of tonight, the ship is sailing upright and true.
Sally T has had 2 E/R visits since the beginning of the month, with a 2 day stay to get re-hydrated. Between the weather (99* to 104* for almost 2 weeks), the fatigue, the loss of appetite, her blood sugar went south to the point it was time for an E/R trip. She is 10X better now, but on a scale of 1-10, still not even to a 5-6 yet. Just way too much fatigue but the oncologists keep saying this is normal for the amount of chemo & radiation she had to have, so it looks like their 2-3 year recovery prediction is just about spot on.
Along with Sally & her trials & tribulations, her brother went in for emergency surgery yesterday to have his lower colon and other parts completely removed. For the last 6 days I have been "renovating" (destroying would be a more apt adjective) one of the bedrooms for her mom to stay with us for the next 4-6 weeks. Moving stuff out so her stuff can be moved in, and then finding places to put said stuff in where there just isn't any room. All is moved in as of 1:30AM this morning, and I don't even remember going to bed. Add on 9-10 hour work days, traveling to and from, doctors appts. for Sally T, moving furniture in and out, around an about, and it just did not leave time for anything but the above and 3-4 hours of sleep at night.
Tomorrow we have to go to her brothers and move his bedroom downstairs to the living room, living room upstairs to the bedroom because he will not be able to climb stairs for 8-10 weeks when he get out of the hospital in about 8-10 days from now. & "re-plumbing" the downstairs bathroom that he has not used in a little over 3 years because it was not finished, well, you get the picture.
Guys, I swear I will get my feet back on the ground and post about the July 4th swap, but it's hard to type when your eyes keep closing on ya' . . . . :yawn:
I said I wouldn't go into detail, ha, so much for that idea.
To close, Myke my brother, you went waaaaaay overboard with what you sent, Sally T loved her gift as well, and there is a great little story to what you sent her that means more than what you know right now. So she will have to explain it. I will be back on tomorrow but it will probably be late again (not too late, work calls @ 4:30AM Monday) and I will explain the box in detail. Thanks for the emails (G-Man will explain why yours was not answered as well), the calls, but most of all, thanks for the caring and the concern for Sally T. . . . . :thumbup:
You guys are the best . . . .
Be safe
p.s.: Daym Mono, almost forgot about ya', glad everything worked out and you can find a use for all the stuff . . . Again, welcome to the forum . .

Stay strong Bill & thanks for taking the time to keep us informed,we worry about you guys.
And don't worry about the swap,it's over & everyones happy.
Take care of your brother & Sally T,family comes first.

Whew!

Thought we were gonna hafta send out the posse.

Great to hear from you, Bill & Sally T.

Bill,
I have some vacation coming up - do I need to head out your way to help you with the furniture moving and such?

Back