Official BK18 Harpoon Thread

I love the looks of it, but unfortunately, for me at least, the handle just doesn't work out. I think more knife designer/makers should make longer handles. A short handle rarely works out for a large hand, where a longer handle will more than likely work for someone with a smaller hand.

I like that the cutting edge is lower and gives more room for fingers :D The sheath looks like a big improvement . The harpoon spine , I don’t know yet o_O but that can be taken care of if found to be useless. Don’t know yet but it might turnout to be a good finger push feature ;)

I generally like the fact of a lower cutting edge too....I believe That is going to be coming full circle as a trend in bushcraft/woods knives (In my know nothing opinion)

I wish This,BK18 knife had even More height.

I'm going to be making my first official knife this year (Goal) and it going to be like a Camp/Chef knife meets French Trader..... I love That idea....

I have the newer esee group buy 6HM. It's my only knife from them, and I picked a winner..... It's Almost perfect....they ALL seem to like it? But Instantly when I picked it up, I felt it was almost an inch too short on the height. Also could use a thinner blade....but the Height was the disappointing part.

I'm going to make one but close to an inch taller.

It looks to be bloody perfect!
But that color...hideous AND easilly lost? I don't understand...

BK 18 Blade reminds me of the Marbles woodcraft style
s-l400.jpg

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2tiYXIvaW1hZ2VzL0tBQksxOF90ZW1wMDIuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOiB7InJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiA1NDUsImhlaWdodCI6IDQyNSwiZml0IjogImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjogeyJyIjogMjU1LCJnIjogMjU1LCJiIjogMjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6IDF9fX19
s-l1600.jpg

Ok,,, Who is going to be the first one with striped paint BK18 ? Posted ....:confused:

Last edited:
BK 18 Blade reminds me of the Marbles woodcraft style
s-l400.jpg

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2tiYXIvaW1hZ2VzL0tBQksxOF90ZW1wMDIuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOiB7InJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiA1NDUsImhlaWdodCI6IDQyNSwiZml0IjogImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjogeyJyIjogMjU1LCJnIjogMjU1LCJiIjogMjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6IDF9fX19
s-l1600.jpg

Ok,,, Who is going to be the first one with striped paint BK18 ? Posted ....:confused:

Other than the safe-queens (which I imagine there will be quite a few) .....LOTS will be stripped.

I'm still undecided on this?
I pre-ordered the 62, minutes after it became possible, and got some of the first ones, but this one, idk?

IF/when I do purchase.....
The Stripper will be open, waiting for me to unwrap the knife....

May I ask What you like about the harpoon design?

Is it solely for looks, or are all you guys here Just excited that we get to talk about Poon all year now?
haha!

Haha, lol. Not solely for looks for me, although yeah, it's sexy looks don't hurt, lol.

For me, it is just ergonomically correct. Feels natural. Not exactly a choil, so no loss in blade strength & no weak-er spot, yet with finger/thumb jimping on top & blade design, it feels & acts just like a choil/jimping type blade but isn't, if that makes sense........Regardless, it does to me. I just love the design cause it works for me. I also like that the design gets wider by the tip.

Anyway, that sums it up for me. Hope it answers your questions.

Is the BK 18 going to be offered only in black or will it also be available in copper or coyote tan ?

Last edited:
I first saw this knife by chance while browsing YouTube... Ethan was being interviewed at the Shot Show. I like the look of this knife and I appreciate that it has a sharp point. We have our BK9s for chopping and levering, but this new little knife will be very useful. It looks like the sheath is a good one. To me a good sheath is a critical part of having a knife, especially one that will get used frequently. Best wishes to all....

Is it the picture (or my eyes), or does the screw placement eliminate the option of a scale swap from other tweeners?

pretty sure those are the same scales as all the other tweners

Back