Official sign up list for short 17"- 18" Foxy Folly.

Yvsa is in charge...and thanks for giving me a chance to knock up post count another one! ;)

hollowdweller said:
Something else I like on the pic of the old one here and to a lesser extent the FF is how the handle tapers back from the bolster, becoming lesser diameter. I find this style 300% more comfortable than the ones that come off the bolster, then swell and stay the same diameter all the way back to the rings. The non tapering kind cramp my hand more where the tapering ones are sooo comfortable!
Yup!!!! And if they come out oval shaped instead of round it makes 'em just that much better!!!!!!!:D

Edit:
When I reworked the handle on my using FF I made it even more pronounced in the amount of difference in the taper and made it as oval as possible. It is the best handle on all of my khuk's bar none!:cool: :D :cool: :D

I've updated the original list as a couple of guys have opted out and I needed to straighten things up. I'll post another thread asking that everyone review their standing and make sure they still want in. I also added a couple of other criteria to the specs we are wanting.
Christmas is coming up and as much as I would like to have these somewhere around then I know that money may be tight for some people. Due to fixing some of our financial worries I now have the money in cash for my tw (2) yes you read it right, Two (2) Foxy Folly's. I'm very encouraged that these are gonna turn out great considering how the special order of the YCS was done!!!!:D :cool: :D

How muchie dollah? Has Uncle Bill named a price?

I saw a couple of 17.5" M43's come in at 24 oz. as of late. Add some fullers and it would could be lighter.

BruiseLeee said:

I saw a couple of 17.5" M43's come in at 24 oz. as of late. Add some fullers and it would could be lighter.

Light is good. Fullers is good.

BruiseLeee said:

Bruise Uncle Bill hasn't named a price but I still figure it will come in at around the 150-175 dollah.

Uncle Bill has also stated that after Christmas would be better for him after I asked him so we will go along with his wishes as always.

Hi Yvsa
I'm in for one, not fussy about handle material, anything but what comes on the stock knives.
Phil :)

One of your best ideas yet, Bruise.

I'll second that. At least, so they don't start until after that.

BruiseLeee said:
Should we wait till after Daesin to place the order? :confused:
Sounds good to me Bruise. We sure don't want any screwups on a special order that's gonna cost as much as these might, 150-175 dollah;) and that's as important to everyone as they are.

When is Daesin anyway? I don't recall fer shure.:rolleyes:

Yvsa - You've got Bruise on twice (6 & 22). It's not that I don't think he should count twice, but...

Nasty said:
Yvsa - You've got Bruise on twice (6 & 22). It's not that I don't think he should count twice, but...
Wado Uwinv, I'll fix it right away and thanks again fer da heads up!:D

Here's a couple of thoughts:

First wonder if we could send more osage to them or something to make the handles from?

Second is Kumar making this batch? Reason I was wondering is that it seems like Bura can make these 17" Ganga Rams fairly light so maybe he would be the one to use. The only worries would be that sometimes his edges are too soft and the recent buttcap thing, but Bill said they were giving him extra scrutiny. So maybe since he seems to be able to make lighter ones he might be good?

hey Yvsa, could you please put me down for a strong maybe?

thanks!

Thanks Dan, Dasein won't be a problem then.:D

Stilgar and Manghu67 added to strong maybe and many thanks.:D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Too bring things up to date on this page I'm adding the newly revised specs and the list of confirmed buyers and strong maybes from the first page.

The proposed price on these are $150.00 to $175.00 with the $175.00 price being for extra effort in fit and finish on both the khukuri and scabbard.
It would be a real plus if the scabbards could all be done in a nice brown leather but I'll settle for the black if need be.
The 17" Foxy Folly will have native wood handles unless the kamis throw us a curve.:rolleyes: ;)
Personally I'm wanting to keep these as traditional as possible and is why I added the spec for the stick tang.
You can never second guess the kamis so I thought it best too spell it all out.:rolleyes:

Can anyone else think of anything we might have missed? We need to get everything covered before the run is submitted for order.!:eek: :D

MOST IMPORTANT....
Will everyone be ready to submit payment for these starting after New Years Day, or should we wait until the 1st of Feb to get Uncle Bill to submit the order?
Personally I'm ready, have been saving my money for this khukuri for a long time!!!!:D :p
Foxy Folly in a 17" length with a 4-1/2" long handle from top of angle on bolster to bottom of buttcap with standard stick tang, standard karda and chakma, native wood handles, steel mounted, no habaki bolsters, no cho creep, 24 to 28 ounces in weight, fat convexed edges, and well oiled before shipment,

1- Yvsa, 2.
2- Aardvark, 1
3- HollowDweller, 1
4- Rio Jim, 1
5- Nasty, 1
6- BruiseLeee, 1
7- tsf, 1
8- Thomas Linton, 1
9- Dave Hahn, 1
10- Danny in Japan, 1
11- Svashtar, Norm, 1
12- Geoffrey Raiser, 1
13- Westley Hoenshel, 1
14- John Satchel, 1
15- Anon Y. Mouse, 1
16- Dr. Dan, 1
17- pmthk, 1
18- Samoand, 1
19- Texalp, 1
20- pme1018 Phil, 1
21- Cinquedea, 1
22- Donuts Rules, 1
23- Arch Angel, 1

1- Munk, strong maybe, 1
2- Dan Koster, strong maybe, 1
3- Bruce of 1, strong maybe, 1
4- Mr. Bad Example, strong maybe, 1
5- Clearblue, strong maybe, 1
6- Stilgar, strong maybe, 1
7- Manghu67, strong maybe, 1

Yvsa, change me to a positive "ON THE LIST" to prepay when Jan or Feb comes!! I will have tax return on the way by then. :D :cool:

Back