1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Post your SURVIVE! knife pictures here!

I'd like this thread to have 2 purposes:

1. Show off your SURVIVE! knives! Show us your newest acquisition or show us your whole collection. Show off a modification. Put up some pics of your GSO or SK doing some hard work or looking pretty.

2. Help us see the SURVIVE! line up in all it's glory and educate us on what is out there. To accomplish this, please give us some text describing what we're looking at. Which model and options did you order? What color and material are the handle scales? What steel is the knife? Did you get a custom sheath or make mods? Is this something you just received or is it part of an expired series?

Show us what ya got and have fun!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    This is my GSO 5.1 in 3V, with brown canvas micarta handle scales. It has a bow drill divot and ferro rod notch.

I had a Sagewood Gear PRS Deluxe Scout Sheath made for it.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

3. Brian_T

Brian_T Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 7, 1999
    GSO 3.5:
    [​IMG]

SK-4:
    [​IMG]

GSO-10:
    [​IMG]

4. Brian_T

Brian_T Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Forgot the GSO 5.1:
    [​IMG]

5. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    Here's a shot of my 4.1
    Red & Black G10
    [​IMG]

Couple of pics of the GSO-10 before I traded it to forum user "Tonyinomaha"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nateand101

Nateand101

Dec 14, 2013
    Well I received my Christmas present to my self this weekend! I love my new 3.5 and necker II. Here is a new family photo. GSO as follows 10,7/7,4.1,3.5. Necker II, and Necker. I only need to get the 5.1 and I think the family will be complete.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  7. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Everyone is posting nice pics!

Nate, is your 7/7 coated?

8. Nateand101

Nateand101

Dec 14, 2013
    Silver Needle, it sure is. It's the flat dark earth DLC. I am a little sad Guy is not using the DLC coating, I really wanted the 5.1 with the same coating. It has held up great. I'll tell you the true I'm not sure if I need the 5.1 as the 7/7 is just about perfect. I carry the 7/7 on my belt and the 4.1 on my pack. I have found with those two you have everything covered.

9. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    The 7/7 looks awesome. I bet that plus your 4.1 cover everything you need. The 7/7 seems to be a little more rare, at least I don't see pics of them as often. Glad to hear you enjoying yours!

10. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Survive! knives gso 4.1 m390.

20141222_161543.jpg

11. speadymeady

speadymeady Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG] gso10 and 7/7

13. speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    I use the 7/7 the most. Excellent bushcraft blade. I've barely used the gso-10 since purchasing the 7/7.

14. speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    [​IMG]
    7/7 action shot.

15. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    Speedy , you look like the mechanic guy on Gas Monkey Garage :eek:

16. speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    Funny thing is I'm a mechanic for Toyota and I've had customers literally think I was that guy. If only I got paid like that guy.

17. Poromenos

Poromenos

Nov 11, 2014
  18. charlie2times

charlie2times

Aug 11, 2013
    Congrats Poromenos! The 4.1 was my first S!K as well. What type of steel did you choose? Did you get the bow drill divot and fire notch options?

19. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    LOL Speedy , that's too funny !

Congrats Poromenos , I've been eyeing the 4.1 for quite a while now (need to do something about that) ;)

Anyway , it's been posted in another thread , but here's my small family pic . The GOS 5 and the Necker II . Once the Xmas rush is over I hope to get out snowshoeing and get some pics of the knives in action .

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

20. Poromenos

Poromenos

Nov 11, 2014
    Thanks! This is actually a GSO 4.1 factory second in 3V with jimping, no bow divot or fire notch, with black and OD green G10. What's amazing is I've gone over it 100 times and can't find a damn thing wrong with it. I'm honestly expecting Guy to give me a ring any day now and tell me I need to send it back because they sent me a "normal" 4.1 instead of a Factory Second. :D I'll post some better pictures once his damn thing lets me.