Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah

Feb 7, 2015
    [​IMG]
    It's a TAD, tripleaughtdesign. EDC fastpack 29.8 liters

Sent from my SM-G930T

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    You've been busy! I especially like that 5, or maybe I just have that model on the brain, ha. Either way, they look really good!

3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I think that bastard stole my picnic basket.

5. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    The ugly lady and some cherry for tasty ribs mañana.

[​IMG]

6. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Ha! You typed picnic basket, but my brain is reading it pick-a-nick basket, eh Boo-Boo!

Can you tell if the cerakoted blade reduces any friction on splitting, T? I've owned a bunch of Bussekin, but never a cerakoted model.

7. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    That is the only thing I've split with it. The wood was quite dry and straight-grained so basically just got it started and it popped in twain. :D

But the overall feel is much slicker than the few coated Busses I have which would likely lend itself to going through with less resistance. Unfortunately I don't have a coated Busse of similar size/geometry to do a comparison.

8. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    The bolded is kinda what I was wondering, what with the regular coating of CG or BG Busses being so rough. That's a good point as well that it would not be a good comparison with blades of different geometry. Probably too many variables to get a good read on this one. Thanks for the thoughts anyway :thumbup:

9. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    HK, I have the pre-production test sample sent back when the CruV was still a mystery, would be willing to ship it your way for a bit if desired.

10. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    ^Classic S!K right there :thumbup:

I might take you up on that CG. I've got a 4.7 peened here, and could do a head to head on some batoning with the two, maybe do a short write-up. I'm just curious more than anything. I'll shoot you a PM.

12. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Gorgeous shot Silver! Always jealous of you midwesterners and your fall colors, but not the cold :)

Hope you've been well brotha!

13. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Whoa! That means a lot coming from the master of indoor S!K photography :D

I love having all four seasons hear, but could do with about 3 less months of ice and cold!

All good here, my man. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. I bet they're in for a treat tomorrow. Hey, don't you owe us a culinary thread? ;)

14. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Factory 2cd 4.7 with TR's scales and an ugly betty 4.7[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] with matching 2.7 factory 2cd.

15. elandan

elandan

Jun 29, 2015
    Now that's what I call a hot looking trio! I hope to have a very similar bunch at some point in the future (notice I didn't say soon as I patiently wait for my 2.7, 4.1, 4.7 &7/7 to arrive).

16. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Thanks Elendan- The 2cds are both the old style before the etching was used under the flag so I switched some grips around to make them a set.
    The UB 4.7 has 2 very small pits on the other side of the blade but still was such a quality buy for the money. Very happy with them all.

17. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Aww thanks!

I hear ya on that! :thumbup:

Twas a great thanksgiving! Plenty of roasting. Hope you and yours had a great holiday!

Haha I know, work has gotten the better of my time lately and was trying to figure out a hosting option for images/video before throwing something up on here. Should have something up before Christmas to help make everyone's holiday season a lil' tastier :)

18. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    A little WIP photo...
    Watch this space :)
    [​IMG]

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Glad to hear about your Thanksgiving.

I'm just giving you a hard time about the thread. I'll be looking forward to it whenever you get to it!

20. ManOfSteel89

ManOfSteel89 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]