1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    [​IMG]
    It's a TAD, tripleaughtdesign. EDC fastpack 29.8 liters

Sent from my SM-G930T

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    You've been busy! I especially like that 5, or maybe I just have that model on the brain, ha. Either way, they look really good!

3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I think that bastard stole my picnic basket.

5. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    The ugly lady and some cherry for tasty ribs mañana.

[​IMG]

6. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Ha! You typed picnic basket, but my brain is reading it pick-a-nick basket, eh Boo-Boo!

Can you tell if the cerakoted blade reduces any friction on splitting, T? I've owned a bunch of Bussekin, but never a cerakoted model.

7. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    That is the only thing I've split with it. The wood was quite dry and straight-grained so basically just got it started and it popped in twain. :D

But the overall feel is much slicker than the few coated Busses I have which would likely lend itself to going through with less resistance. Unfortunately I don't have a coated Busse of similar size/geometry to do a comparison.

8. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    The bolded is kinda what I was wondering, what with the regular coating of CG or BG Busses being so rough. That's a good point as well that it would not be a good comparison with blades of different geometry. Probably too many variables to get a good read on this one. Thanks for the thoughts anyway :thumbup:

9. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    HK, I have the pre-production test sample sent back when the CruV was still a mystery, would be willing to ship it your way for a bit if desired.

10. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    ^Classic S!K right there :thumbup:

I might take you up on that CG. I've got a 4.7 peened here, and could do a head to head on some batoning with the two, maybe do a short write-up. I'm just curious more than anything. I'll shoot you a PM.

12. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Gorgeous shot Silver! Always jealous of you midwesterners and your fall colors, but not the cold :)

Hope you've been well brotha!

13. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Whoa! That means a lot coming from the master of indoor S!K photography :D

I love having all four seasons hear, but could do with about 3 less months of ice and cold!

All good here, my man. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. I bet they're in for a treat tomorrow. Hey, don't you owe us a culinary thread? ;)

14. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Factory 2cd 4.7 with TR's scales and an ugly betty 4.7[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] with matching 2.7 factory 2cd.

15. elandan

elandan

Jun 29, 2015
    Now that's what I call a hot looking trio! I hope to have a very similar bunch at some point in the future (notice I didn't say soon as I patiently wait for my 2.7, 4.1, 4.7 &7/7 to arrive).

16. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Thanks Elendan- The 2cds are both the old style before the etching was used under the flag so I switched some grips around to make them a set.
    The UB 4.7 has 2 very small pits on the other side of the blade but still was such a quality buy for the money. Very happy with them all.

17. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Aww thanks!

I hear ya on that! :thumbup:

Twas a great thanksgiving! Plenty of roasting. Hope you and yours had a great holiday!

Haha I know, work has gotten the better of my time lately and was trying to figure out a hosting option for images/video before throwing something up on here. Should have something up before Christmas to help make everyone's holiday season a lil' tastier :)

18. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    A little WIP photo...
    Watch this space :)
    [​IMG]

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Glad to hear about your Thanksgiving.

I'm just giving you a hard time about the thread. I'll be looking forward to it whenever you get to it!

20. ManOfSteel89

ManOfSteel89

May 20, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]