Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Very cool, ni1s. What's the pack?

EDIT: Just noticed the Tasmanian Tiger logo :D

Yep, it's a Tasmanian Tiger Light Trooper Pack 35L. Excellent comfort, value and weight. You can find it for around $90 and it weights just 1Kg/2Lb.

814306ae6fad78a6cd607e728f4d2ce0.jpg

I found the model of pack, but wasn't sure the size. Thanks!

Looks like you're having a pretty great day. You need to stop by the gear thread :D

^^^^^ Those look like some well used blades!

Glad you took the time to post and enjoyed looking at our SURVIVE! brand knives.

Long time lurker, life time knife lover. This is my first post so take it easy on me.
Sometime in 2013 guy posted this on FB:
isJOKZ5.jpg

At this point I was impatiently waiting on a preordered gso10 and had been drooling over the pictures of this scandi one-off for at least a week. After racking my brain all morning, my wife shared her idea with me and I guess it was a hit at the shop: 3 cases (or fluid ounce equivalent) of Alaskan microbrews.
Got a message from Guy confirming that it was indeed the most interesting offer and we started hammering out the details via email. Survive was still in PA at this time and Guy tried to pay for the shipping, but I wasn't having that. Even with the freight bill, I still felt like I was stealing this beauty from him. Guy recieved one box of "motor cycle parts" and one box of "lava lamps"
XMB2LlM.jpg

...and I added my first high carbon fixee to the stable
HMrBGdn.jpg

ysRCMe6.jpg

DmTjjyV.jpg

These are all from a vanity shoot right after I got it. I'll post some updated pics of the scandi and the other S!K's soon.
Edit: got pictures embedded properly. Again.

Last edited:
That is an awesome knife for sure and a very cool trade deal thanks for sharing. My first new gso 5.1 was a trade with guy as well a take down recurve bow set up I posted on the FB forum and Guy was on it pretty quick. Was one of many more to come.

Wow! What a great first post. Thanks for sharing that with us!

I have a 4 Limited on order that was reworked from a scandi. I love the flag side HUGE custom etching on yours:

ysRCMe6.jpg

Last edited:
That scandi ground 4.1 is the damn reason I became interested in Survive Knives in the first place!
You're a lucky man!

I appreciate the warm welcome! Great to hear that Guy makes a habit of accepting trades. Bartering for blades always puts a smile on my face.
Seeing all of your next gen models with flush hex hardware, that gorgeous peened finish and contoured/microtextured handles is making me really jealous.
I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a gso12, but an unexpected financial windfall is making that task all but impossible.
I did quick search that didn't yield anything fruitful; have there been any pics of a gso12 production sample or just the renderings? Since I missed the preorder boat, my only purchasing option would be checking the site on Wednesdays (once it's in production) or aftermarket is that correct?

I appreciate the warm welcome! Great to hear that Guy makes a habit of accepting trades. Bartering for blades always puts a smile on my face.
Seeing all of your next gen models with flush hex hardware, that gorgeous peened finish and contoured/microtextured handles is making me really jealous.
I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a gso12, but an unexpected financial windfall is making that task all but impossible.
I did quick search that didn't yield anything fruitful; have there been any pics of a gso12 production sample or just the renderings? Since I missed the preorder boat, my only purchasing option would be checking the site on Wednesdays (once it's in production) or aftermarket is that correct?
There may be pre-sales once they have the components for the GS0 12 in their shop.
I wouldn't count on the GSO 12 being in their shop until next year at the earliest.

Back