Oil for Satin and CG blades

rega25

Gold Member
Does anyone have a preference on the best type of oil to use for Satin blades, how frequently it needs to be recoated from past experience( if is is being stored in a safe), and if the cg coated blades need any oil at all (on the exposed edge?)

Tuf cloth marine works great.

ETA I use it on the safe queens after I handle them. Satin and Double Cut that is, the CGs are on thier own.

ok cool, I have a bunch of rem-oil for my guns, do you think that would be okay.

good point, i didnt even think about cutting up food with it, I ask because I just got a microtech and they recommend remoil for their auto mechanism, they should make a food grade rem-oil, we would be set for guns, knives, and steak

+ 2 :thumbup:. It's cheap, easy to find, and lasts a long time.

+3 :thumbup: AKA Baby oil. Food prep safe, and easy to find. I use it on my D2 vex which is my go to kitchen knife that sees a lot of water and sitting while wet. Mineral Oil keeps it flawless.

I use bacon grease. It has worked well so far. I can use any of my knives at any time for food prep and not have to worry about it.

Bacon Grease! Oh my! Appropriate though. I vote for mineral oil. For long term, I like renwax. I've also used I also like break free and tetra. But then again, I like bacon too.

Now i am going to ask my girlfriend to save all bacon grease

Last edited:
Need I say it?

This thread is worthless without pics, lets see some satin goodness.

I used to oil my FBMLE, but have not oiled any of my naked infi for years now. I have swam in rivers and pools with them, and never had any issues. I have definitely stopped worrying about it.

Then again, I don't live in a humid environment.

I have a HS that has never been oiled. Looks like the day I got it and it has been used a few times. I think it may be more of a consideration on SR-101 and SR-77.

I have a HS that has never been oiled. Looks like the day I got it and it has been used a few times. I think it may be more of a consideration on SR-101 and SR-77.

INFI will certainly rust--it has happened to me twice post use in small patches. I still keep it oiled during storage.

CLP unless you are into Call of the Wild :D

If you have a safe operation the Renwax is longterm.

I mean Really - How many are scrambling eggs with a Busse ;)

CLP unless you are into Call of the Wild :D

If you have a safe operation the Renwax is longterm.

I mean Really - How many are scrambling eggs with a Busse ;)

Breakfree CLP gets my vote also. Unless, like you said, u r scrambling your eggs with it...lmao :)

Back