Ok, new 9" bladed Camp Knife Drawing!

Great looking knife,but it's too short!
What can I say I like a BIG chopper.
Looking forward to the finished knife despite its diminutive size.;)

Is it done yet? :D

Folks, close your eyes, let your mind clear for a moment, relax, deep breath, and think of just two things . . . . . . "Camp Knife / Desert Ironwood" . . . . .
Pleasant dreams . . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Don't know how I missed this for most of a week, but I'm in lust!
now just add 1/2" to the handle length and 3" to the blade...
:D

It looks good Chris. But to be honest, I'm not a big camp knife kinda guy. If I need a big knife for something, that's what my hatchet is for. I have a Rat 7 that pretty much lays in the truck (I think that's where it's at). Took it a few times and tried to find uses for it. Hatchet works better ;)

Thats what makes knives awesome Mudbug. Different strokes for different folks. Im actually thinking about stretching the blade to 9" on this one. 7" is kind of an in between length. You can do about the same thing with a 6" knife but it won't chop like a 9". I think a 9" knife along with a 4" is all you would ever need in the woods really. IMO.

Chris, just go all in. Make it a 12" blade and name it The KFUchete. :highly_amused:

HaHa! Someday Ill do one that large. For now, I couldn't heat treat it. 14 or 15" is about as long as I can do.

Yeah, I didn't think about the heat treat. You'd have to send it to Daniel after he gets his shop finished, ha ha.

Thats what makes knives awesome Mudbug. Different strokes for different folks. Im actually thinking about stretching the blade to 9" on this one. 7" is kind of an in between length. You can do about the same thing with a 6" knife but it won't chop like a 9". I think a 9" knife along with a 4" is all you would ever need in the woods really. IMO.
Now you're talkin' Chris,sign me up.
All my knives have blades under 5" & over 9" but 1 & it's an 8" & never gets used.

9" blade with a handle length over a tad of 5" sounds real niceeee now Chris....

New pic added. I got OL_SC to add some length to the blade. I love it!
campknife.png

Yeah....I like that one waaaaay better!!!!! I'm a sucker for big blades!!!

Nice!!!

My #1 son has been after my ESEE Junglas since I got it last year . . . . . When KFU's Camp Knife goes into production, looks like #1 son's wish will be coming true after all . . . . :D
Great design Chris, camp knife / chopper / limb pruner / the "Z" word knife all rolled into one. Yep, one of these will definitely find a home in Cincinnati for sure. Too many uses I can think of not to have one around.
OL_SC, kudos to you again for helping Chris out with the design specs.
Now, on with the show . . . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Chris, that 9" design looks amazing and comes very close to being a perfect "Do Everything" type blade. Strap it to a backpack and you can pretty much tackle any chore/task in the field, camping, or survival/emergency situation. Great job on this one :thumbup:

I know it's still in the early development stages, but any idea of the pricing?

Thanks guys. Not sure on price yet RW. Ill have to see what I can get a sheath for. Obviously everything is bigger so Ill need wide scales, linefs etc. Off the top of my head Im thinking around 200-225.

Back