Old farts and friction folders.

06TLO81.jpeg

I've had this svord modified for so long I forgot they come the other way around. Anyone else do this? I find the handle much more comfortable this way.

9Jn1A2r.jpeg

Got all my Morris knives out to take a few photos. My newest were two custom orders from him. One has rasp handles instead of the usual blade. The other is a much smaller version called the ladyfinger. It’s perfect for the fifth pocket and is an awesome little knife.

C4383AF2-631D-4E26-B691-EAEFE4CD5C5A.jpegE6434FD0-C02A-4B23-BFCD-CB409994E971.jpeg630FA3AB-499D-4A7B-8C83-C112031EE3F1.jpeg5B138775-A67A-4089-90DA-07420630D23F.jpeg

Well, I am not very old but hopefully I am fart enough at heart to join this thread! I mostly carry modern folders, mid-techs and automatics, but I want to occasionally add something "new" in the form of an old timey knife to connect with the patterns that got us where we are. I have been interested in adding a FF to my collection for a while and haven't seen the right one. Browsing this thread sure offered some cool options. I love the look of the Michael Morris knives. I sent him a message on his site regarding availability and he has been super helpful. We have been texting today and he had some blades ready to be worked up, so with a few questions he got started already on assembling my knife! He even sent some pics and videos of options so I knew what I was choosing. He seems like a really standup builder and the process has been very pleasant. I can't wait to get my folder after the holiday. I'll make sure to post a pic. It will be a black oxide wharnie with Jade G10 scales. It should be really cool.

Well, I am not very old but hopefully I am fart enough at heart to join this thread! I mostly carry modern folders, mid-techs and automatics, but I want to occasionally add something "new" in the form of an old timey knife to connect with the patterns that got us where we are. I have been interested in adding a FF to my collection for a while and haven't seen the right one. Browsing this thread sure offered some cool options. I love the look of the Michael Morris knives. I sent him a message on his site regarding availability and he has been super helpful. We have been texting today and he had some blades ready to be worked up, so with a few questions he got started already on assembling my knife! He even sent some pics and videos of options so I knew what I was choosing. He seems like a really standup builder and the process has been very pleasant. I can't wait to get my folder after the holiday. I'll make sure to post a pic. It will be a black oxide wharnie with Jade G10 scales. It should be really cool.
Congrats! sounds like a fine knife. 👍

Working with Michael Morris was an absolute pleasure. He was incredibly helpful and communicative during the process, which was really fast and easy. I would echo all the words of the previous posters. Plus the knife is fantastic! It is really good looking, has wonderful quality and finish, and is very fun to fidget with. I'm really glad I was able to pick this up.

IQyUaL7l.jpg

a553qvbl.jpg

Working with Michael Morris was an absolute pleasure. He was incredibly helpful and communicative during the process, which was really fast and easy. I would echo all the words of the previous posters. Plus the knife is fantastic! It is really good looking, has wonderful quality and finish, and is very fun to fidget with. I'm really glad I was able to pick this up.

IQyUaL7l.jpg

a553qvbl.jpg
He is a great guy to work with. One reason I own as many as I do is because of the people behind the knife.

😎
Really like that!
I thought most of their friction folders didn't have the extended tang?
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I believe this is the only extended tang folder that Consigli makes, but I don't really know if this is the only traditional Italian pattern with one.

Back