Old Friends Friday

Tang stamp of post 2275.
VrM1lLS.jpg

From an estate sale before covid. I'll never forget it. It was in a box that a bunch of guys were looking at, but they all must have thought it was Chinese because it was marked $5.
vimxDbF.jpg

It fell off my belt and disappeared a while back, and I searched in vain for it more than once. I found it yesterday by kicking over something by accident.

Nice Jack! :thumbsup:
For me, today's old friend is a Hound Tooth from the one and only (AFAIK) 2013 release. Doesn't seem like 10 years!
Took awhile getting use to the bear trap pull but now it feels just right. :)

4PZSLSS.jpg
Thanks James, time goes fast doesn't it? That's a cool one 😎👍
From an estate sale before covid. I'll never forget it. It was in a box that a bunch of guys were looking at, but they all must have thought it was Chinese because it was marked $5.
vimxDbF.jpg

It fell off my belt and disappeared a while back, and I searched in vain for it more than once. I found it yesterday by kicking over something by accident.
Ah, those happy times! 🙄Very nice find my friend 😎👍

I have been very fortunate to meet up with Duncan Campbellclanman Campbellclanman twice, to date. Duncan is one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet, and every moment in his company is a joy. The first time we met was in Sheffield, where we spent a good hour with Stan Shaw. Then, after lunch in the famous Fat Cat pub, Duncan gifted me this TC Barlow :) :thumbsup:

jXb1f0H.jpg

vYF96R0.jpg

From that downtown military surplus and cheap imports shop that's been gone for around fifty years.
9QnBWhR.jpg

The sheath says Japan, the knife is mute.
I used to have one just like it Jer, forget where I got it from now, but it would have been about 1981. I did more digging and tent-peg driving with it, than cutting I think, and it was my mushroom knife for a while. I only gave it away about 10 years ago :thumbsup:
Classic James :) :thumbsup:

This is the earliest photo I can find that I posted on BladeForums. Rough Riders were about all I could afford back then, and the Remington branded abalone knife is clearly Rough Rider built.

3Z1OISH.jpg
Cool Jeff :cool: It's interesting to go back and have a look at your old pics, it's a shame so many were lost here on the forum over the years :( :thumbsup:

I used to have one just like it Jer, forget where I got it from now, but it would have been about 1981. I did more digging and tent-peg driving with it, than cutting I think, and it was my mushroom knife for a while. I only gave it away about 10 years ago :thumbsup:
My salesman called it "the old Air Force survival type", so you were probably using it just right.
ZwvbPq4.jpg

Back