Old Friends Friday

Route 66 always a good choice my friend. :)
uBE6weS.jpg

sparerow
Indeed, JohnDF JohnDF
Wonderful pic as well James:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Route 66 always a good choice my friend. :)
uBE6weS.jpg

sparerow

Thank you for joining me James, that's a stunner :) :thumbsup:

Nice to see this pair of #66s this morning...

Love that #66, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
The red jigged bone is beautiful.

James, the wood on your #66 is spectacular! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

For Old Friends Friday, my first GEC, the #56 Bird Dog.
I love owning this knife, admire it every day, but don't carry it often because of the spear blade (my least favorite).

Very nice indeed :) We don't to see those too often :cool: :thumbsup:

Curly Zebrawood Queen #9

Iw92HmL.jpg

2MjkiCy.jpg

Very handsome Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Lunchbox Kutmaster with two main blades.
Yfo5UBF.jpg

Oor1yPi.jpg

Great to see that one again Jer, very cool knife :) :thumbsup:

This old friend is always worthy of a compliment... :)

View attachment 1516666

Gorgeous! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

need to slip this in my pocket for the day, it's been awhile
KHsQPMf.jpg

sparerow

What a beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:

My friend @rockman0 unexpectedly sent me this Buck & Hickman shadow sleeveboard a few weeks ago; it's pretty classy, just like him :)

View attachment 1521114

Very generous, that's a classy-looking knife from one of our best-known hardware retailers :cool: A while back, a posted some images from the cutlery pages of two of their catalogues in the sticky at the top of the page. Here's an Ivory Sleeveboard from their 1935 catalogue :thumbsup:

uPo4Bjl.jpg

What a beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:

Very generous, that's a classy-looking knife from one of our best-known hardware retailers :cool: A while back, a posted some images from the cutlery pages of two of their catalogues in the sticky at the top of the page. Here's an Ivory Sleeveboard from their 1935 catalogue :thumbsup:

uPo4Bjl.jpg
Thanks Jack! I was wondering if it was ivory, my initial thoughts were that it was. Considering the restrictions on it... good thing I didn't ask or pay anything for it! :D It is a REALLY well made knife :thumbsup: The blades seem like they are stainless so the 1935 date correlates with that.

This isn’t something I carry but it is an old friend. When my grandmother passed she left to me. I was 13. She and I fished together when she visited from Northern Indiana. In those days I had a small blow up raft that we would row around a cove and catch bluegill. She wasn’t a big fan of boats and would’ve rather fished from the bank, but being a good grandmother she went out with me in the blow up raft, although she did question the wisdom, several times, of using hooks in a blow up boat! :) I still live on that same lake, a few coves down from where we used to fish. Every time we go by that cove in our ski boat I think of my grandmother and that little blow up raft. This old friend brings back great memories.
2B17CBF0-9110-4810-BE82-A976D5B25325.jpeg

Thanks Jack, the ebony is IMO a premium grade and I know of no another Lambfoot made in the USA. :)

I was very impressed by how dark that ebony was, it's getting harder and harder to find it like that :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I was wondering if it was ivory, my initial thoughts were that it was. Considering the restrictions on it... good thing I didn't ask or pay anything for it! :D It is a REALLY well made knife :thumbsup: The blades seem like they are stainless so the 1935 date correlates with that.

I have a few vintage ivory-handled knives I'd like to send overseas, but that comes with a prison sentence and a hefty fine here now :eek: Buck & Hickman have an interesting history. Their product line was very extensive, and their old catalogues are fascinating. They tended to stock the same lines for decades in terms of their tools, but I don't know if that is true of their knives :thumbsup:

This isn’t something I carry but it is an old friend. When my grandmother passed she left to me. I was 13. She and I fished together when she visited from Northern Indiana. In those days I had a small blow up raft that we would row around a cove and catch bluegill. She wasn’t a big fan of boats and would’ve rather fished from the bank, but being a good grandmother she went out with me in the blow up raft, although she did question the wisdom, several times, of using hooks in a blow up boat! :) I still live on that same lake, a few coves down from where we used to fish. Every time we go by that cove in our ski boat I think of my grandmother and that little blow up raft. This old friend brings back great memories.
View attachment 1521178

Thanks for sharing those memories with us, your grandmother sounds like a game girl :) Cool knife :thumbsup:

Back