"Old Knives"

Cattaraugus swell center jack in ebony

50634803362_cdc8fe5bc8_b.jpg

Wonderful, Rare knife, John!!
Wonderfully hafted Stag Rob my friend ! :):confused:

Augie - what a fantastic Knife !! An amazing example.

Duncan, Charlie, thanks guys:thumbsup: Charlie, you sure don't see many Thomastons, they were in business 1887 to 1930, you would think there would be more of them out there. Of the few I've handled they seem to be very well made knives.

V.P., nice examples in the Wards and Ulster Girls Scout models.
waynorth, beautiful Winchester with very unique jigging.
Gevonovich, great old Cattaraugus, it looks like a knife my Grandfather would have carried.
Augie, wonderful Thomatson, and a name not often seen as you mentioned.

Here is a big old Ulster lock back hunter model with a folding guard. Most knives that have a folding guard are two piece construction, but a few companies offered folding guards that were one piece.
The one piece guard would have cost a bit more to produce, but it provided a stronger guard overall. Enclosed is a picture of the knife and a close up of the guard from the top down.

View attachment 1461303

View attachment 1461304

Wow! Herder, You share some absolutely stunning Knives, the one piece Swing Guard is something I didnt thin actually existed! yet another worthy show my friend- so thank you for that!
Steve my friend- yet another fine Cattle, you just may have to think of buying a bigger Ranch soon matey? Interesting seeing the Jigg work on that Bone, and then go have a look at the Black Box Winchesters :thumbsup:
Augie, retirement may suit you buddy, but it sure as hang is affecting us lol, YET ANOTHER fine example - That Old Barlow deserves to be shelved with some of your finest imo. That Bone has a Fine Chestnut type of warmth to it- Great example of the Classic Barlow, I sure hope this is going in the big TC Thread!

Wow! Herder, You share some absolutely stunning Knives, the one piece Swing Guard is something I didnt thin actually existed! yet another worthy show my friend- so thank you for that!
Steve my friend- yet another fine Cattle, you just may have to think of buying a bigger Ranch soon matey? Interesting seeing the Jigg work on that Bone, and then go have a look at the Black Box Winchesters :thumbsup:
Augie, retirement may suit you buddy, but it sure as hang is affecting us lol, YET ANOTHER fine example - That Old Barlow deserves to be shelved with some of your finest imo. That Bone has a Fine Chestnut type of warmth to it- Great example of the Classic Barlow, I sure hope this is going in the big TC Thread!

A collector's treasure John!!:cool: A link in history's puzzles!! Nice grab!!:thumbsup:

Duncan, Charlie, thanks guys:thumbsup: Duncan, the bone does have a very nice warm glow to it, very pocket worn.

Charlie, this one sure does make you think and speculate as to the Miller Brothers M&G relationship.

Back