"Old Knives"

Harry, according to a chart of tang stamps I have in my notes, it looks like 1911-1916 for a possible dating.
It is, without doubt, a wonderful old knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry, according to a chart of tang stamps I have in my notes, it looks like 1911-1916 for a possible dating.
It is, without doubt, a wonderful old knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you so much Jeff . That suits me just fine . I like to find knives older than me and that has me beat by a few .

Harry

Charlie:
Those are some outstanding NYK knives in super condition. Thank you for posting.
Charles
Thanks, Charles!! You post such beautiful NYKs, it's the least I could do!!

Nice Barlows, Robbobus (post #12,522)!

Hard to keep up with this thread!

Finally able to acquire a Robeson Suredge Pocketeze. This particular knife checks a lot of boxes for me . Sabre Clip , Split Back Whittler Sunken Joints , Good Jigging with Worm Tracks , in pretty good condition , and price was really good .

I have no idea yet on the age of it yet . Any help with it would be appreciated .

Harry

Also picked this one up yesterday . Have no idea of maker . Was made in Sheffield . It is a 3 Bladed Split Back design . One of them is a File . etching of Sheffield Steel is still visible on the main blade . All 3 tang stamps are : WARRANTED ENGLISH STEEL . Liners are Brass . Knife is not in real good shape but for $3 , what the heck . I liked it immediately when I saw it and it had me at the Split Back Design .

If anyone can enlighten me a little about this old knife , I would appreciate it .

Harry

Those two are just Wonderful, Harry ! They both deserve a carry to the next page. Smashing finds !!!!!!!!!!!

Haha - true Charlie.
pics coming up in weekend - actually quite a few knives arrived from Pauls place that I had to leave there when leaving for home from the Rendezvous, so I will put up a few knives here and HJ Thread :)

Yay!!! Congrats Charlie- I hope it goes extremely well for your Daughter ( in law? ) and of course wee Baby.
Oh man I am dying to be a Grandad- my Girls tell me I will have to wait some time yet!:(

God luck to that young Family!

tumblr_owx15gRgaa1rsbaybo2_1280.jpg

Thanks, Lee!! We of course all wish for health and happiness!!
And then there are the knives!:)

Here is the first installment of little Duncan's future collection, The knives his late "other" grandpa EDCed. Gordon was a master Horticulturist from Edinburgh! He was responisible for developing the University of British Columbia's Botanical Garden's greenhouse, which propagated, and still propagates much of the Garden's plantings.
Gordons knives 2.jpg

Back