"Old Knives"

Lucky wee boy. I'm sure he will never really know just what treasures Grandad has until much later on in life.
I wish him well Charlie- and for you guys to have many years together.
That's a special set of knives there.

This knife may be as old as 1940 to 1964 but it is only the second Robeson Electrician that I have ever seen and I have the other one also . I believe the Gevonovich Gevonovich had a thread on Electrician Knives a few years ago and there may have been a picture of one in it . My other one has the previous older Tang Stamp and it has the Bail and it may have been a TL-29 , butt this one is certainly not . I am not sure that this has ever been used at all . The Screw Driver certainly has never been used . Both blades do need some rust removed and it isn't coming off easily .

Harry

Last edited:
This knife may be as old as 1940 to 1964 but it is only the second Robeson Electrician that I have ever seen and I have the other one also . I believe the Gevonovich Gevonovich had a thread on Electrician Knives a few years ago and there may have been a picture of one in it . My other one has the previous older Tang Stamp and it has the Bail and it may have been a TL-29 , but his one is certainly not . I am not sure that this has ever been used at all . The Screw Driver certainly has never been used . Both blades do need some rust removed and it isn't coming off easily .

Harry
I found the old thread but it's feeling the repercussions of a certain host decision. It still has some nice photographs intact but a cursory inspection did not prove fruitful for the Robeson. If your of a mind don't hesitate to post in the thread. Your sub collection is progressing wonderfully my friend ;):thumbsup:
The electrican and linemans knife :
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-electrician-and-linemans-knife.998449/

I found the old thread but it's feeling the repercussions of a certain host decision. It still has some nice photographs intact but a cursory inspection did not prove fruitful for the Robeson. If your of a mind don't hesitate to post in the thread. Your sub collection is progressing wonderfully my friend ;):thumbsup:
The electrican and linemans knife :
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-electrician-and-linemans-knife.998449/
Thanks Gevo !!! I will jump start that thread again with some photos with this one and I need to take some new photos of my older one . Can't find my old photos of it just yet .

Harry

Thanks Gevo !!! I will jump start that thread again with some photos with this one and I need to take some new photos of my older one . Can't find my old photos of it just yet .

Harry
Thank you ! I look forward to partaking of the beauty. I do have an Empire I never added and will take more photos of it as well. Here is an old one of it shining in all its Sabi glory, in the center of the action.

22258531829_77b3c14f2b_b.jpg

Last edited:
15065708113341928689173.jpg Here is an older Schrade Walden. It seemed to have been used enough to dull the edge and then stored away. It is svelte with fantastic walk and talk. The wood is lovely, check out the pile side.15065710141461033061948.jpg Next is what I consider a newer Schrade Walden, much less deluxe imo. As ground blade versus the polish on the other and no drawn swedge on the cutting blade. The handles on this one flair about 1/4" at the butt of the knife compared with its brother. I know which one I would want in my pocket.20170927_230409_Film4.jpg 1506571484935835523616.jpg

One more. This picture posting is fun, need to invent more time during the day for better photos. This is my Cattaraugus 21097. Double etches. The cutting blade etch reads Klein & Sons
Chicago
Made in U.S.A.
The utility blade reads
RADIO ELECTRICIAN
and is much more visible. Alot of pride in craftsmanship is in this model. Cut swedge, excellent walk and talk. The utility blade is ground very nicely as well, sharpened nicely below the notch. The handle was nicely notched allowing good access to the nail nick. Its also a more slender tool than most.15065723437481039931782.jpg 15065723829011586038533.jpg

Nice TL's gentlemen.
I need to take some photos of a few boxes of knives that have arrived from my post Master Mr Paul Hilborn- inside was one of these :thumbsup:

W.R. Case & Sons Pattern 11 English jack (w/o swing guard) 1905-1914.

BfAnjY6.jpg

- Stuart
You know...it's very strange to actually realize that this knife is around a 100 years old...i mean just imagine everything that happend in the past 100 years.
And in my opinion it's still in kinda good condition for it's age.:):thumbsup:

You know...it's very strange to actually realize that this knife is around a 100 years old...i mean just imagine everything that happend in the past 100 years.
And in my opinion it's still in kinda good condition for it's age.:):thumbsup:
I agree, Kevin. It gives me hope for my 100+ birthday. "Lord, if you will pick my feet up, I'll put them down."
- Stuart

H.Dorwal of Solingen. By accounts made by Boker pre 1920. The blackest wood I own on any knife. Nice grinds tho no swedges. There is a very good reason this knife saw zero use in a century. The springs are off the scale. 1 - 10, they are a 20! I am prone to exagerate, but this is a dangerous knife to the user. I have another old unused Solingen knife, a pearl Bruckmann which is also dangerous to the bearer, I wonder if this was somewhat common with German knives or if these have survived due to their manufactured flaws? Shallow nail nicks on both of course also.20170928_223534_Film4.jpg 20170928_223834_Film4.jpg

Nice Ol Case Stuart - what a beauty!

Real nice Knives Robobus
I especially like that Kutmaster Cattle Knife! I agreed- some of those Kutmasters are incredible Knives - I have a few that stand side by side with any knife and can be respected!

Back