"Old Knives"

This U.S. knife co is circa early 1900s I believe.
23-02018.jpg

23-02016.jpg

That is such eye candy, s-k! An incredible knife!!

Yeah,I'm glad he's saving some "good ones"
All good so far,too & Thanks s-k & everyone for that matter,makes for good chicken eyeing
-Vince

Here's a good old American style Jack. As heartwarming as apple pie! A folksy knife if ever there was one. Snappy, and unbuffed, you get what you see!
A 4-line Camillus with nice wood handles and a shield. A simple knife, but with some bragging rights!!
Camillus4lineJack.jpg

Great Jack waynorth.The old English knives really have pronounced swedges,I wonder how long it took before we backed off doing that over here ?
One of the things that amazes me about these old knives,guys talk about "original" & buffed.When there is a real old example in super mint untouched/used condition,original grind lines & all,sometimes it can be mistaken as a refurb job.I guess,that is another level , of identifying & recognizing,when it comes to these "oldies" . A real science.

I like how one of the pins in the shield is off center.Looks like they kept with the centerline of the whole knife.

"Ma che coltello bello!"
(Ma kay cole-tell-oh bell-oh)
As my (and Vince's I'll wager) ancestors would say, "Oh what a beautiful knife!"

I'm quite proud of this trio of 6345s. For you Case lovers out there, These guys are pre-WWII, so just qualify for me as old knives. Long pulls, greenbone, and milled liners. There's even some decent swedging for Vince to ogle! They made beautiful knives back then.
CaseCattleMilled3-1.jpg

Great knives waynorth,
I like the center one the best.
Some of the nicest scales Ive seen in a long time.
Thanks for showing us these beauties.

waynorth,s-k & all,Thank You for adding pictures,info & comments.All the knives are great & here in one thread , a great reference
Thanks ,
- Vince

This is the only known folder with this marking, so far. If you have one stashed away, please show us!! It belonged to Bernie Levine about 8 years ago, then to a fellow near Chicago, and I've had it for 4-5 years. Hudson's Bay Co. Likely well before WWI.
HUDSONSBAYHJCOMPOSITE-1.jpg

This is the only known folder with this marking, so far. If you have one stashed away, please show us!! It belonged to Bernie Levine about 8 years ago, then to a fellow near Chicago, and I've had it for 4-5 years. Hudson's Bay Co. Likely well before WWI.
HUDSONSBAYHJCOMPOSITE-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Why in the world did BRL turn loose that one?
James

I'm not sure what Bernie collects. He's turned a lot of interesting knives loose!!

Back