• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Old school Clip point

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 2nd of 2 clip points I have made, the first one crafted to a fellow BF member/customer's specs. It is a fixed blade version of the classic clip point blade profile. Made from 52100 steel and Walnut, this is a fun and versatile little knife for EDC or even paring knife service! The steel is Aldo's 52100, fully normalized and thermal cycled for a very fine aus grain, and triple tempered for a final HRC of ~62. It features a nice, thin grind for super cutting/slicing performance, and a satin hand rubbed finish. The walnut was treated with Watco Danish oil and TruOil, with a hand rubbed/pore filling finish, topped with a protective wax coat. Final edge thickness prior to sharpening was ~0.008", bevel set with the American Mutt bench stone, then refined with a Fine India for an aggressive edge. "S Davenport" maker's mark on left side, "52100" steel ID on the right side.

OAL: 7 3/4"
Blade: 3 5/8"
Handle: 4 1/8"
Thickness: 0.100"
Edge: 30° inclusive (15° per side), Norton Fine India

xY5lTLK.jpg

ptNfa2B.jpg

Asking price for this baby is only (reposted) and this will include a custom made kydex sheath, as well as free shipping in the USA. Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com), but will gladly accept a check and then ship once cleared. Thank you for taking a look! Follow me on Instagram: stuartalandavenport

Last edited:
Very cool! I honestly don't think I've ever seen anybody make a fixed version of a classic slip joint clip point, which is surprising when you think about it.

The blade profile is spot on and the grinds are very clean. I also enjoyed reading your thorough description of it. :thumbsup:

~Paul
My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back