• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

omg surefire customer services blows...

i would like to start by asking if anybody has a spare surefire lx2 clip i can buy from them.

i have been on a wild goose chase with surefire over the past few weeks in attempts to obtain a damn replacement clip for my surefire lx2 that snapped in half getting snagged on my seat belt. i was able to touch base with a greg lin from customer service at their fountain valley, CA office and he said a replacement clip would be shipped to me that same day. wellllllll that never happened and its been weeks... i attempted to shoot over several more emails that were left unanswered/ignored. i posted on their facebook page and i attempted calling several times today with no avail (hell, im on hold right now 43min and counting!) no success, whats the point of their warranty if you cant contact anybody to use it!!!... anybody have experience dealing with these clowns?

EDIT: whoops, maybe this belongs in W&C

I have dealt with them in the past and have nothing but fantastic things to say. They fixed my Surefire Alpha under warranty and have replaced numerous bezels on my 6Z and 6P that TSA has damaged with no charge to me. I always contact the FV office as its local to me and have been on hold no longer than 5 minutes @ most. Sounds like you got the FNG or something.

I have dealt with them in the past and have nothing but fantastic things to say. They warrantied my Surefire Alpha and have replaced numerous bezels on my 6Z and 6P that TSA has damaged with no charge to me. I always contact the FV office as its local to me and have been on hold no longer than 5 minutes @ most. Sounds like you got the FNG or something.

sure looks like i did. i finally got a hold of somebody after using 2 phones simultaneously in the office. turns out they ran out of clips and my order is expected to ship out in 2weeks time. thanks for the update surefire... lol

I have dealt with them in the past and have nothing but fantastic things to say. They fixed my Surefire Alpha under warranty and have replaced numerous bezels on my 6Z and 6P that TSA has damaged with no charge to me. I always contact the FV office as its local to me and have been on hold no longer than 5 minutes @ most. Sounds like you got the FNG or something.

I've had the same good experience with them. I guess they have their off days, too....

Last time I bought a used V70 holster but the previous owner threw away the belt size adjuster, I emailed SF and they just sent me a new one for free and it arrived in Australia within 2weeks. Atleast they stand behind their products, most companies would make you pay for a new clip or whatever part that broke.

Well, I'm pretty sure starting a thread like this isn't going to get you any special favors from Surefire.

Well, I'm pretty sure starting a thread like this isn't going to get you any special favors from Surefire.

lol am i doing anything wrong? im just stating the truth and my personal experience. special favors?, i just want them to honor their warranty ;). i paid about $200 for a light which clip snapped in half faster than one on a $2 gas station knife.

EDIT: i will be touching base again with them in 5-7days to check the status of my order. i'll update this thread accordingly.

Last edited:
So as soon as they get more, they're going to send you a free part based just on your word, with no effort, proof, or expense required on your end, and that's bad customer service. Meanwhile you, the guy who bombards them with emails, posts on their Facebook page, calls repeatedly, and posts a thread bashing them over a free pocket clip calls them clowns, because they didn't kiss your butt, or follow up on every single person waiting for a part they give away for the asking?
You have my sympathy, but not because you're having to deal with SF's customer service.

So as soon as they get more, they're going to send you a free part based just on your word, with no effort, proof, or expense required on your end, and that's bad customer service. Meanwhile you, the guy who bombards them with emails, posts on their Facebook page, calls repeatedly, and posts a thread bashing them over a free pocket clip calls them clowns, because they didn't kiss your butt, or follow up on every single person waiting for a part they give away for the asking?
You have my sympathy, but not because you're having to deal with SF's customer service.
wtf?...

lol, sure my first post may seem a bit rash which is why i said it probably should be in the w&c... quite honestly, how would you have felt if you were in my shoes?

my 3-4 unanswered polite and professional emails at the beginning of each week to touch base on the status of my order
(i feel 4wks is ample time to take 2min to respond while sipping coffee in your office chair or am i crazy?)
unanswered calls/messages shortly after my emails were ignored. a ridiculously long hold time
(i admit most of the calls had to be made during office hours and i could not wait for more than 30-45min at a time)
a single post on their facebook page to try and get some help which was ignored
i never wanted an ass kissing, i just wanted to carry my light

all of the above eventually led me here seeking a clip. i had enough that day and a barrage of phone calls during my breaks in the office after being left out to dry sounded reasonable imo. you have no clue what emails were exchanged between surefire and myself. i told them what happened, offered proof, asked if i should send my light in to be serviced. maybe you should read their warranty policy before you post in this thread. if i didnt bombard them with phone calls that day, would they have followed through? would my replacement clip make it to me finally after weeks of waiting? would i have known they were out of stock which he failed to note/overlooked during our initial conversation? did he update me with an email or phone call that he dropped the ball when he told me a clip was sent out weeks ago when in fact the order was never fulfilled? have you dealt with their customer service before? if you havnt maybe you should shut it and quit with the smart remarks. if youve had good experiences with surefire cool, please share as it gives me hope that they will make this right. as i stated in post #3 i finally got a hold of someone and will update the thread accordingly. if they sold the damn clips i would buy a dozen, but unfortunately they do not. at the moment everything is ok as i was promised a clip within 2weeks time (my rant switch has been turned off). if you havnt gathered already its not about the clip at this point but the principle of things... i paid for their product, its faulty by design (youd know if you own an lx2 and if you dont... google it). just because im not some government agency, i dont hold surefire stocks and my issue is not pertaining to thousands and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise doesnt make it ok for them to ignore me and not give 2 shits after spending my hard earned cash on a $200 light? thats an expense on my end is it not? seriously... thats like a full days work. common?!

if you dont have anything constructive to share please refrain from posting unless it gets moved to w&c
OwenM, if you have any further questions/concerns/issues i would prefer you pm me

and on that note, your mother has my sympathy :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it's gone so poorly. I have one experience with them.

I ordered one of their pens a few months ago, and it came with a broken o-ring. I think it wasn't fully on the pen and got cut by threads when they screwed it together. I shot them an email, and it was shipped out the next day. No proof of purchase was necessary, and there was no other sort of BS. I guess the o-ring was easier for them to replace than your clip.

Sorry for your problem, but I think it's unusual. I once asked (just asked) if it were possible to buy 3 clips from them and three clips arrived in the post almost as soon as I clicked "send" on the email. Didn't even charge me.

UPDATE: wow, my replacement clip finally arrived... just took about a month and a half :barf:

Back