One coldsteel folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recon 1! Is a fantastic knife! So much so I own 4 models... Recon 1 XL (AUS8-A), Recon 1 (AUS8-A), Recon 1 micro (AUS8-A), and my personal favorite Recon 1 (in carpenter steel). All great knives minus the micro. I must've got a dud there because it came sharp-ish but won't take a new edge worth a crap! I own over 50 CS products that's only one I don't care for. I think it was a "friday afternoon knife". Meaning the dude that made it half assed it to hurry up to go have beers with his buddies!
Long story (kind of short) I feel like my life could depend on my CS Recon 1 in carpenter steel!
I most certainly can't afford the 4 Max. I see many guys recommending that. I have never handled one but fantasize about it frequently! If you want to spend that much money I'm sure it's worth it.

Last edited:

evilgreg

Why so serious?
Gold Member
I like lots of CS knives, but if I could only have one it would be the Tuff Lite by a mile:

j8pN4Gd.jpg

Hold Out I for the XL Size
Broken Skull for the L size
Voyager for the M size
Mini Lawman for the S size

gazz98

Gold Member
Ultimate Hunter in the blaze orange G10.

I have a Code 4 clip point (great knife) and the size is ideal I just wish it had G10 handles. One day I'll attempt to make some.

GB940Rookie

Gold Member
Of the ones I've had personal experience with, the Recon1 gets my vote. I would like to think the 4max is in the conversation also.

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
The only 2 I've ever had an interest in would be the broken skull or mini tufflite, so it would be one of those 2.

When I was a teenager I was amazed by all the stuff they did with the knives in their ads, but then I got smarter and started to lean towards practicality with my knife likes and purchases.
Being able to hold a person is cool, but ridiculously unpractical for me so I don't own any cold steel knives yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.