hARMYBz.jpg

new ones,

lX1DqN0.jpg

big ones,

G2GGtEC.jpg

all cutting beasts!

vZKHWW4.jpg
Wow that's impressive

I wish survive! made folders, I'd wait 5 years patiently.

If you had to choose the best coldsteel folder what would it be ?

Voyager Large clip point plain edge (not the giant one).
Killer good knife (so well made for the price).
I do love my Hold Out I (the largest one). Very pocket friendly for a giant(ish) knife.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE ! ! ! !
I WANT BOTH !

Here . . . I'll go further and see what people think. What I don't like about the 4 MAX :
  • Blade too thick for EDC
  • Pocket clip length too short. (I had a short pocket clip on my Holdout III and it was awful, I put one on from a Holdout I (much longer) and it is much easier to use).
There. I said it.

Here . . . I'll go further and see what people think. What I don't like about the 4 MAX :
  • Blade too thick for EDC
  • Pocket clip length too short. (I had a short pocket clip on my Holdout III and it was awful, I put one on from a Holdout I (much longer) and it is much easier to use).
There. I said it.

Just curious if you have cut stuff with the 4max? I've cut a ton of stuff with it since having one. It actually is very thin behind the edge, don't be fooled by the spine thickness. It cuts better than any ZT or Hinderer and has them beat dead easy in the strength department. Believe it or not it actually cuts better than the new Recon 1 Series as they have thicker flat grind compared to the older hollow grind (which i love).

For me the 3 best are the Recon 1, 4 max and the new SR1. The 4 max just feels so refined, closest you'll get to a Demko Custom without spending the big bucks.

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Last edited:
Ti lite for me. It's hands down the best less lethal option when closed. It mitigates the need to carry a kubaton or yawara stick.

It offers 2 levels of less lethal force.

Butt end = massive bruiser. Hit an attacker with that and he will be hurtin. That could act as a warning strike.

If he continues then you can step up to the Quillion end = capable of devastating flesh lacerating bone crushing strikes. Hit an attacker with it and you will put him in the hospital if he hasn't already backed off. I would think one blow from that end would send anyone packing.

Having seen the video where the guy uses it to smash cinder blocks, I actually used it as an ice pick this weekend to break up a semi-melted bag of ice and it worked like a charm. There were solid chunks of ice that shattered like glass with just a tap. It even hurts like hell to lightly press the quillion on the palm of my hand. I can only imagine the damage it would to do someone after getting hit in the arm, shoulder, back or face with that thing.

Last edited:
Ti lite for me
Totally love my two Ti Lite IV EDCs (after I ground the blades full flat and 1.9mm thick at the spine).

I guess I am stuck on this thin knife for EDC. it's a sickness.

4 Max
Looks like a great knife. (the relationship of the blade edge and the raised handle / dropped edge).
I stand corrected.
No I haven't had the pleasure of using one yet.

I like my large Espada and Frenzy. I've got lots of sensible folders to actually carry & use but these two fill an interesting niche in my collection, sort of large and ridiculous but fun to have.
Of the two, I prefer the Espada for the reason stated above but the Frenzy might be more useful. Both are well made knives. If the Frenzy was 1/2-3/4 its size I might carry it.

_DSC4634%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpseyqpzudd.jpg

Last edited:
The vast array of offerings throughout the years is staggering. Can't choose one. They make knives for users. So trashing them and trying another is the way to go.

I actually like the Golden Eye but, the name is so (forgive me) cheesy imo. Runners up would probably be the full size Recon 1 or AK47.

Either the Tuff Lite, which is up there with my Spyderco Urban for little big knives, or The Immortal, which is a perfectly practical knife that scratches my mall ninja itch.

Recon 1 hollow grind is my pick. Rugged, cuts well, carries well.

Even thogh the Amercan Lawman is one of may favorite edc s my relatvely recent acquisition of the Recon 1 is impressing me greatly. The Ultimate Hunter is also a very well made knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back