One knife(fixed or folding ,max blade length 14 inches, max handle length 10 inches)

I would pack my Bark River Wilderness Explorer and a small sak. Other choice would be a 5" handmade Kephart.

Just because you can find it, doesn't mean you can use it, e.g wild game which you would need a knife to process/kill, or a tin of food which you would need to cut open, an earlier post chose a camillus multi tool with a tin opener, which was a smart move.
Are you talking about that scout pattern Camillus pocket knife I posted?
I don't remember ever seeing a multitool made by Camillus.

Since "everything you need to survive can be found in the forest" in this scenario, I think "nothing" is a perfect answer. If you need a knife to survive, it can presumably be found in the forest. Maybe it's that other guy's TGLB that fell off his bumper.
You're right, there probably would be a steep cliff I can jump off of.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I can wind up in a wilderness survival situation and have a knife on me I must have known I was putting myself at risk of this scenario and would have prepared with a small axe or hatchet a belt knife and a pocket knife.

Are you talking about that scout pattern Camillus pocket knife I posted?
I don't remember ever seeing a multitool made by Camillus.
In retrospect, it makes sense that if a multi bladed knife like the stockman is not considered a multi tool, then neither would your one:p

Yes, I apologise, I always viewed multi tools as a folder with other tools.
Knife first = pocket knife with tools
Pliers or scissors first = multitool

I don't really think anyone would have thought to call a Vic, a Scout , or a demo knife a " multitool " before leatherman hit the scene but I wasn't around yet.

A Sirupate.. The more slender, longer and faster brother of the "standard" Khukuri we all know.
I actually have one on order from Kailash Blades Kailash Blades with a 14" blade, micarta handle and a kydex sheath that comes with a newly designed shoulder strap!...Just hope the corona doesn't delay my delivery too much.. :rolleyes:
That would be a great pick for a single woods survival blade, it can handle heavy chopping, splitting, brush clearing all just fine.
Things are stabilising in Nepal quite a bit and we're working on a solution to getting our workhsop output increased so maybe some big jumps on progress soon :)
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Knife first = pocket knife with tools
Pliers or scissors first = multitool

I don't really think anyone would have thought to call a Vic, a Scout , or a demo knife a " multitool " before leatherman hit the scene but I wasn't around yet.
Thanks for clearing things up!

This I suppose.
I'll second the nomination of a basic Scout/Camp/Demo knife.

Question: What makes you think I can still walk an average of 4 miles a day? (20 miles with 5 days to extract yourself = and average of 4 miles a day.)
Since I had a stroke a year ago, I can't walk that far. Even before the stroke I couldn't (and still can't) walk even a quarter mile (using a cane) without having to stop and wait for the pain in my knees, hips, and lower back to subside.

Presuming the area I'm dropped off in, is somewhere strange to me, I'd also like a map, preferably a topographical map, with a useable scale and a compass, please.
Are there hungry critters that consider people a snack or meal? If so, I'd like to have either my crossbow, along with a supply of arrows with fixed blade broadheads, or my .54 caliber Thompson Center Hawken rifle and .50 caliber Traditions Trapper pistol and enough powder, ball, patches, and caps for say 20 shots each.
I'll need my "Euro Style" Rollator walker, too. It has a seat for when I need to rest my defective joints. Oh, an oprational Zippo, Ronson, or Bic lighter would also be much appreciated ... and maybe an (registered) Emergency Personal Radio Beacon (EPRB) transmitter. :)

Last edited:
I'll second the nomination of a basic Scout/Camp/Demo knife.

Question: What makes you think I can still walk an average of 4 miles a day? (20 miles with 5 days to extract yourself = and average of 4 miles a day.)
Since I had a stroke a year ago, I can't walk that far. Even before the stroke I couldn't (and still can't) walk even a quarter mile (using a cane) without having to stop and wait for the pain in my knees, hips, and lower back to subside.

Presuming the area I'm dropped off in, is somewhere strange to me, I'd also like a map, preferably a topographical map, with a useable scale and a compass, please.
Are there hungry critters that consider people a snack or meal? If so, I'd like to have either my crossbow, along with a supply of arrows with fixed blade broadheads, or my .54 caliber Thompson Center Hawken rifle and .50 caliber Traditions Trapper pistol and enough powder, ball, patches, and caps for say 20 shots each.
I'll need my "Euro Style" Rollator walker, too. It has a seat for when I need to rest my defective joints. Oh, an oprational Zippo, Ronson, or Bic lighter would also be much appreciated ... and maybe an (registered) Emergency Personal Radio Beacon (EPRB) transmitter. :)
I see that this is getting more interesting !, anyone with a disability will have the minimum they need to traverse those miles, e.g an all terrain wheelchair, and a long stick for fighting zambie ants!, but remember, ONE blade to fit the parameters, unless you want a 10 inch hafted crossbow bolt, you are out of luck! It is nice to see people asking these kinds of questions though.

And i guess you would be facing zombie ants which move at 5 miles per hour, and sleep for 12 hours per day, they will catch and swarm anyone they can get and are 10X more water resistant than classic ants, meaning the can withstand about 2 lbs of pressure before being destroyed, as has been previously mentioned, they are attracted to soda lakes, so would be attracted to glucose of any kind and can sniff it out like bloodhounds

I see that this is getting more interesting !, anyone with a disability will have the minimum they need to traverse those miles, e.g an all terrain wheelchair, and a long stick for fighting zambie ants!, but remember, ONE blade to fit the parameters, unless you want a 10 inch hafted crossbow bolt, you are out of luck! It is nice to see people asking these kinds of questions though.

And i guess you would be facing zombie ants which move at 5 miles per hour, and sleep for 12 hours per day, they will catch and swarm anyone they can get and are 10X more water resistant than classic ants, meaning the can withstand about 2 lbs of pressure before being destroyed, as has been previously mentioned, they are attracted to soda lakes, so would be attracted to glucose of any kind and can sniff it out like bloodhounds
(zambie ants)

Thanks for clearing things up!
It can technically be debated I suppose but I do believe they are officially a multi function knife as I call them or " multi purpose knife " as per the multi-tools & multi-purpose knives sub forum here.
I have a Victorinox cadet box that says " Victorinox multi- tools " on the side, but you will always find the term " Swiss Army Knife " on every other Victorinox pocket knife package including on the other side of that same Victorinox cadet box.

Last edited:
I have two questions.

1 - how are we supposed to end up in this scenario?
2 - how am I supposed to only have one blade on me when I rarely leave the house with less than two different knives on me and usually at least one of them will have two blades on it ?

I would chose a big chris custom knife sports chopper, so i could cut down trees and possible zambies.
Corey
For such task I would use Makita 79cc with 20" bar and sterling auto paler.
Both works as a champs for such works.

Knife, maybe Mora Companion ?
For evening zambie grilling.

I have two questions.

1 - how are we supposed to end up in this scenario?
2 - how am I supposed to only have one blade on me when I rarely leave the house with less than two different knives on me and usually at least one of them will have two blades on it ?
I tell u to grab the knife, then kidnap, blindfold and airdrop you, after feeding,watering and resting you.

O
I tell u to grab the knife, then kidnap, blindfold and airdrop you, after feeding,watering and resting you.
Or you could think of it as a hike in the woods gone wrong where you lose everything else, or a plane crash, where only this knife, recently stolen from you, survives, falling out from the thief's luggage and it's 20 miles to a rescue point in 5 days, with a bunch of other people who were killed by Zambie ants leftover supplies

Last edited:
Back