• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

One Man's Trash - Another Man's Treasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
A high end custom guitar builder said "This wood is no good. It's trash. Look at those colors, it messes up the whole piece. I won't use this." Because of the fact that he only uses the pure white quilted maple I was able to get a small batch of this stuff. Me, I love the colors and the figure's not bad either.

This piece is 12&1/8" long x 5&1/2" wide x 1&1/8" thick.
There are a few end checks you should be able to work around. I figure this will yield 4 perfect blocks, more likely 5 and one short block. It really depends on the knives you make. Normally quilted maple is cut flat sawn to show figure that looks like bubblewrap. I cut this at an angle, (riftsawn) to make the figure more compact so it will look more dramatic on a knife handle.

I screwed up my bandsaw that is why I didn't cut this into blocks and sell them separately. Plus, several of you have asked for longer pieces so you can make matching sheaths. The photos show the wood dampened with water so you can get a better idea how it will finish. The last photo shows a close up of the worst check.

It is first come first served with this piece. Just say I will take it in this thread and it's yours. That way nobody else can buy it out from under you. When I see your post I will mark it sold and send you a PM with payment info. Paypal preferred.

Cost is $45 plus $10 priority mail shipping. It is too big for a flat rate envelope so it has to go in the regular size flat rate box.

Sold to Murphda

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

Last edited:
Crap i wish i had the cash --thats awesome. Ill trade you a railroad track for it. or how about some mosiac pins--huh whata ya say old buddy.lol-kinda--peace-marekz

Hey Mark,
If you really want some of this you can always pay me later. There are also a few long blocks of this in another thread. Just let me know if you want me to hold anything for you.

mark i just purchased some stuff from you. i would also like this block so if the deal falls through with murphda2 let me know--thanks maarekz

Last edited:
Mark,

Disregard my post on the other thread where I asked if you had more. I'll take this one! So there is no confusion, I still want #848 as well.

Murph

Mark,

Disregard my post on the other thread where I asked if you had more. I'll take this one! So there is no confusion, I still want #848 as well.

Murph

Shipped priority mail today. I cut the other into scales plus an extra you might like is in the package too.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back