One Year Already

Lan, after receiving your text last night I wanted to come here and see your thread, a busy day kept me away for the most part as I wanted to post in this thread but not for the sake of just posting. The friendship with Bob is something I will treasure forever. A love of tradition brings so many to this forum, part of that is the simple pocket knife that we all enjoy, not just a knife but it acts as a reminder of simpler times, it triggers emotions and memories of events and friendships. A simple pocket knife and admiration of them brings people together and a remarkable thing happens, friendships start and continue to build, pretty soon the discussion turns from knives to many other topic's, most importantly family.
Your Dad LOVED his family and soon I knew of you, your husband of of course Bo, the apple of his eye. I have a Bo also, spelled Beau so there was another common thread that wove our friendship even tighter.

New England Patriots, another thing Bob and I shared a love of, that common interest turned into game day texts of jubilation, frustration and of course talk of "if we were the coach we'd do this or that" after all was said and done we decided it'd be best to just leave it up to Bill;):) I so enjoyed those Sunday texts and sometimes conversations with your dad and I enjoy that to this day with you and your family:thumbsup: Bob touched sooooooo many here and everybody that knew Bob, liked Bob for many reasons his friendship, his humor, knowledge and kindness. He is missed but certainly not forgotten.

As family, we rally around those dear to us, so when Bob's health started to wane, many here wanted to help, Duncan once told your Dad he'd even mow the yard for Bob if Duncan didn't live halfway around the world:) so even if we couldn't be there in person we were going to help any way we could. Of course Bob was a bit reluctant at first because he was always the provider and we totally understood that, but we persisted and told Bob, "hey, we're gonna help regardless so please give us your paypal address" he was so thankful and always told us so. Lan, so many and I mean so many came together because of Bob whether they knew him directly of indirectly. The thing with your dad was, even if you didn't know him first hand, you could tell how good of a man he was by how he treated others, the current members but especially the newcomers to this forum.

Many here are blessed by your dads friendship and kindness and several have lifelong reminders of Bob by a knife he gifted or sold. I'm one of those and like Duncan stated in his post how special that is:)

Blessings Lan to you and your family, and for Dad...GO PATRIOTS;)

I can definitely echo what others have said. I have all of my PMs, and emails with Bob saved. I will never forget, in his darkest days, him sending prayers my way. It turned out, that about the time I first encountered Bob, my wife began her ongoing battle with breast cancer. Bob was genuine in everything that he said and did. To say that he’s missed, grossly understates my feelings. We were all blessed to have him as part of our lives, no matter how big or how small. Thank you, Lan, for the visit here on the porch. Best wishes to you, and your family, this holiday season.

Thanks for touching base with the folks here and letting us know how you and Bo are doing -- very happy to hear he's already been accepted at the school of his choice with a scholarship and the funds that were raised are only needed to supplement.
while it's not the same as what you and your family feel, he is missed here as well.

Lan it is so good to hear you and Bo are well. I sure do miss your dad he was a special man and has left a great legacy in all of you his family. My prayer for you all is that time will remove the hurt and only leave those precious memories of one held so dear.
Randy

The thing with your dad was, even if you didn't know him first hand, you could tell how good of a man he was by how he treated others, the current members but especially the newcomers to this forum.
Thank you Lan. I arrived on the porch just in time to see your dad in action. A special man. I too have a son, Bo and I lost my dad less than a month ago. Your dad's strength is evident in your words. Thank you for sharing with us.

I've never had the pleasure of talking to you Lan, but I do very much miss my conversations with your dad. My most loved knife & a grail of mine was purchased from you dad & I think of him every time I carry it or spot it in my collection. We traded and/or sold many knives to each other and I'd also send him some that needed a little spa treatment from time to time which he'd never take money for so I'd usually throw a few extra knives in the box & tell him to give them to Bo or do whatever he wanted with them. I'd love to have met him in person & go fishing with him! It's pretty hard to make such a big impression on so many people through a forum on the internet but he sure managed to do it. I have so much to say but it's all just jumbled & making me carry on so I'll leave it at that. Bob will never be forgotten & I wish you, Bo & the rest of the family the best!

Back