• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? Online Retailers - Who's Your Choice When Making a Purchase?

Basically looking for an online retailer (preferably one that supports BladeForums) where I can buy knives like ESEE, Tops, etc from. Which retailers are your favorites to go to?

I've had great experiences with DLT Trading, Blade HQ, KnifeCenter, and CollectorKnives (plus others that don't support BF), but if DLT has what I'm after in stock they're my first choice.

They ship orders out quickly (within hours, most times), they have a solid rewards program, and they'll inspect knives before shipping them out if requested. Just flawless across the board.

I've had great experiences with DLT Trading, Blade HQ, KnifeCenter, and CollectorKnives (plus others that don't support BF), but if DLT has what I'm after in stock they're my first choice.

They ship orders out quickly (within hours, most times), they have a solid rewards program, and they'll inspect knives before shipping them out if requested. Just flawless across the board.
Absolutely correct. The last time I placed an order with DLT, I placed the order at around 5:30am. By 1:00pm that same day, the post office was "in possession of the package". Not just a label created.

Pretty much blew me away because most retailers have one USPS pickup per day and it's usually an hour or two before closing time.

EDIT to add that I'm in the same time zone as DLT.

Last edited:
i like knifeworks, they’re local to my mom’s side of my family in louisania so that’s a plus. &!they’ve taken good care of me, not to mention some of the awesome exclusives they’ve had like benchmade 710-1401 & the doug ritter rsk line

Any from the list of supporting dealers here, I’ve had good experiences from several that I’ve bought from.

DLT and Knifecenter have been flawless over many years/orders. I have also had great experiences w KnifeArt and Knives Ship Free, but far fewer orders. Too many poor experiences to list with others…

My favorites are Nordic Knives and Cutting Edge (A.G. Russell's consignment site).

Just be careful of buying pre-owned knives, even from actual internet stores. I was just on such a site - I won't name it - pursuing the custom knife section. Several preowned customs that were listed as Mint, Like New, or as New had wear marks on their Mokume or Timascus bolsters, and because I collect knives and things with Mokume Gane, I knew exactly what I was seeing. In their own photos.

Back