Ontario Bushcraft Woodsman

I have seen a few pictures of the ontario bushcraft woodsman. I have to say that this looks like a very solid woods blade similar to my sp50 but with a full tang and nice wood handles... Who else is excited by that knife ?

I've got the SP50 also and, while I like it, I always thought a nicer handle would have put it over the top and made it one of the "must have" big knives. So this was like a wish come true. It's supposed to be out 6/1/2015. Looks like an excellent chopper with tough 5160 steel. I can't wait to feel how it handles. A good knife just feels right.

I could improve dramatically on their bushcraft line, but most knife companies don't want to hear my ideas.

It's that day and nothing so far.

C'mon OKC, throw as a bone. How difficult can it be to post little update?

As you guys have probably figured out, a few things came up along the production process that we're still working on figuring out. No real emergencies or disasters, just little questions we wanted to answer to make sure this is going to come out of the gate as the best knife it can be. Little questions about minor design tweaks. I know we're close, but I haven't gotten an estimated ship date yet. I'm still working on that and will be back to you guys ASAP.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for the update. Woodsman looks like it'll be an excellent no-nonsense knife.

Hi bghorn,

So, I did get an update, but that happened late the week before last and then I was out of the office all last week. I'm sorry for all the delays in updates.

There was a handle re-work done, and that pushed us back a bit. We're probably looking at late August, early September for a release. Sorry for the false start, but it's going to be an even better knife because of this.

Hi bghorn,

So, I did get an update, but that happened late the week before last and then I was out of the office all last week. I'm sorry for all the delays in updates.

There was a handle re-work done, and that pushed us back a bit. We're probably looking at late August, early September for a release. Sorry for the false start, but it's going to be an even better knife because of this.

Looking forward to trying one out...the delay gives me time to find cash. :)

Hi bghorn,

Well worth the wait. Thank you for the update.

Any picture of the update ?
How about a leather sheath rather than the nylon one ?
Would make much more sense for such a knife

Any picture of the update ?

I'm pretty sure they'll re-design around guard. Wood scale along the guard looks very prone to breakage.

How about a leather sheath rather than the nylon one ?
Would make much more sense for such a knife

I won't hold breath on this one although I completely agree. Good knife needs good sheath. That DeSantis thing they call sheath is just wrong on so many levels.

okcbw.jpg

The more I look at it the more it looks like a ESEE Junglas? Personally I like the thinner handle spine to front, it's the one thing I don't like about my RTAK II. It also has a choil (intended or not) like the RTAK II, something that I like better than the Junglas. I think it's 1/4" blade stock? That will be great too. If someone comes up with some grippy G10 scales I'll be super happy but I like the wood scales too. It's like someone took the parts I like best about both and distilled them into one hard use blade. Too many great blades are coming out this year, it's going to be killer on my poor wallet!

Back