1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ontario Knife Pics!

Discussion in 'Ontario Knife Company' started by OntarioKnifeCompany, Feb 16, 2015.

1. zanussi01

zanussi01

Jan 3, 2012
    Simple as mate,just tap the pin out that holds it all together,then wiggle it off.
    These are easy to do as the pin goes right through and can be seen from both sides,as per milspecs.
    The KA-BAR knives have a "blind pin",which only goes in from one side to just through the tang.
    These are a little harder to remove,but can be done.

2. dingy

dingy

Feb 19, 2008
    [​IMG]

Beastchopper and LocksmithChris like this.
  3. Ralph Uriarte

Ralph Uriarte

Aug 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

turntail, jstrange and MolokaiRider like this.
  4. deltablade

deltablade Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    My modified Marine Raider
    [​IMG]

5. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    "Now that's a knife!"

Ralph Uriarte likes this.
  6. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

MolokaiRider and dingy like this.
  7. Kcklassic

Kcklassic

Nov 25, 2018
    New to the forum but here is my first RAT 1 ever purchased (returned the RAT 2 as it felt too “small”)... Flicked it open for a few hours fell in love. I decided I’m going to order a RAT 1 D2 today so I had my first “attempt” with acid washing then stone tumbling my brand new baby. Turned out decent IMO, I’m going to drill some holes in the liner locks to lose weight along with sand down the scales where the thumb groove is located. I’m thinking about using my soldering gun to add custom texture to the G10 scales. Lastly, it sounds silly to spend $20-25 on a custom deep carry clip for a $21 knife BUT as many already know this knife feels as solid if not more solid in build quality than many $50-100 knives...

I’ll upload pics when it’s ginished if anyone cares...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Terrible lighting but you get the point... The little finger knife is “supposedly” made out of AUS-8 where I bought 6 of them on amazon for $00.97 a month or two ago when they are usually $4-7. I HIGHLY doubt it’s truly AUS-8 and the sheath the knife come with is fake leather which the knife falls out of HOWEVER for 97 pennies I threw one in each cars glovebox and carry one in my wallet. I put on a true paracord little tail and thinking about ordering some kydex to experiment with for sheaths. Anyways completely off topic but I thought it turned out great plus for under $1 it is thick metal that hold an edge decently. Purchased as a “novelty” knife initially I actually find myself using the daily. For cutting boxes or opening things the knife fits on your finger like a ring (even my fat fingers) grab one while they are cheap.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    flatblackcapo likes this.
  8. Kcklassic

Kcklassic

Nov 25, 2018
    I decided not to drill out the liner lock as the amount of weight it would save would be maybe at best .5 ounces but it could alter its structural integrity. I also decided to leave the scales stock for now it’s a blizzard outside and I don’t have the right sand paper. A deep carry pocket clip is on order along with a RAT 1 D2 and a RAT 1 assisted opener... Anyways, I’m not the best at sharpening and this is my first attempt at any knife mods but overall I’m happy with the final results. She is all lubed up with loc tite in every thread while she flicks opening buttery smooth exactly as it did from the box.

20 minutes in acid then neutralized and washed. Didn’t want to use the brand new washer even with towels tapped around the glass jar with ~10 quarter size rocks in water mixed with dish soap. Each peice of metal was “stone tumbled” by itself for 10 minutes each by hand. Next time I’m about to use empty brass casing rather than rocks for a completely different awesome look but first swing again turned out decent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    MolokaiRider likes this.
  9. Kcklassic

Kcklassic

Nov 25, 2018
    I used an extreme amount of Loctite in every threaded piece of the knife which after drying it did not want to “fling” open with a gentle push... Another thing I wished I would have done is used copper for the tumbling rather than rocks. Finally I wanted a blade that “popped” not just a darker matte finish shown in my finished pics above.

Took the knife completely apart this morning and started prepping it for a complete redo... Here it is with somewhat of a copper “look” plus the splatter effect and made the jimping more aggressive.

Here is my second try with the exact same knife pictured above:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Turbo4x4

Turbo4x4 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2011
    DSC_a1477.jpg

turntail and Roguer like this.
  11. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member