• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

OpticsPlanet Shipping Time?

Has anyone recently ordered from OpticsPlanet? There's a disclaimer on their site saying their shipping times may be longer than normal due to the current pandemic. I ordered some ar-15 parts on 3/25, but none have shipped yet. I understand all the reasons for any delay, just curious.

In my experience. Optics planet takes forever to ship and they will cancel parts of your order then charge you ridiculous shipping fees. And they o yo give you store credit for returns at best and still charge you a small amount.

STAY AWAY FROM OPTICS PLANET

Wow. Maybe I should have asked prior to purchasing.
My shipping was free as the order was >$50.
Maybe my items will come in before societal collapse occurs. If not, my fault I suppose.

I ordered a 3x vortex magnifier about 2 weeks ago right before the disclaimer on covid and i got it in a week with free ship. Ive done a bit of business with them and find them pleasant to work with on most things. I did call them today about an RMR i want, and spoke with a guy who said they are not at work till next week due to them getting classified as non essential but since trump said fireams dealers are... that they should be back to work monday. Hope this helps.

I've ordered alot from Optics Planet. Order processing and shipping can vary but usually 2-3 days it's shipped if it's instock. You do have to look at the product availability before you add to cart because wait times can get lengthy from the manufacturer if Optics Planet doesn't have it instock. I've had a couple exchanges and returns which have gone smoothly
Now do to the current situation with Covid-19 I'd expect times for processing and courier's shipping to be delayed

That's what I was thinking. They seem to have an excellent selection with very competitive prices.

I ordered a 3x vortex magnifier about 2 weeks ago right before the disclaimer on covid and i got it in a week with free ship. Ive done a bit of business with them and find them pleasant to work with on most things. I did call them today about an RMR i want, and spoke with a guy who said they are not at work till next week due to them getting classified as non essential but since trump said fireams dealers are... that they should be back to work monday. Hope this helps.
Are you pairing that 3x with the Strikefire?
I was thinking about doing that, but decided to go with the Primary Arms 2.5x.
The scope was an expected 8-11 days when I ordered, but the handguard and stock were available.
I'm not sweating it, but was just curious if anyone else could provide some insight. Maybe they'll come in before the zombie apocalypse.

I waited six months to get some SIG parts. Ended up cancelling the order and ordering directly from SIG. A few dollars more, and the parts arrived in a few days.

When I placed the order with Optics Planet, they said that the parts were "in stock". That was not the case.

No virus to blame at the time.

I will never order from Optics Planet again.

I waited six months to get some SIG parts. Ended up cancelling the order and ordering directly from SIG. A few dollars more, and the parts arrived in a few days.

When I placed the order with Optics Planet, they said that the parts were "in stock". That was not the case.

No virus to blame at the time.

I will never order from Optics Planet again.
Shoot. Hope my experience differs. Time will tell.

Just realized this thread is on The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I apologize to any mod for starting it in the wrong forum.

Just realized this thread is on The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I apologize to any mod for starting it in the wrong forum.
Nothing wrong with your thread being here, it’s all good.

I've ordered alot from Optics Planet. Order processing and shipping can vary but usually 2-3 days it's shipped if it's instock. You do have to look at the product availability before you add to cart because wait times can get lengthy from the manufacturer if Optics Planet doesn't have it instock. I've had a couple exchanges and returns which have gone smoothly Now do to the current situation with Covid-19 I'd expect times for processing and courier's shipping to be delayed

^^ These

I too have used O.P. several times for the purchase of firearm related accessories. For the most they've been pretty good dealing with....with the exception of my last purchase. I had to initiate a return (they shipped me the wrong item), which turned into a rather long drawn out (unnecessary IMO) headache. It took a couple of extra calls to C.S. to finally rectify the situation, but they did. :) They sent me a shipping label & refunded my $$$ once they received back the item. :thumbsup:

...they should be back to work monday. Hope this helps.

Good to know.
I ordered a die set from Optics Planet almost a week ago and it hasn’t moved yet.

I ordered a holster from them a few years back and IIRC shipping seemed to take a few extra days, but it wasn’t Massdrop slow.

I’ve put in two orders from Brownells in the last two weeks. They shipped within a day or two (regular shipping). I’ve always been pleased with Brownells when they have something in stock, but sometimes their inventory seems limited.

Midway is kind of a joke. It’s taken them 10 days to process my order. I know there is a lot going on, so I get it. But when you factor in one can’t cancel or change their order from the moment it’s placed, it’s kinda crappy. Unless they have a free shipping code, the charge a lot for S&H too. They’ve had slow shipping on my orders in the past also.

Last edited:
I ordered a Vortex scope that was suppose to come with a free mount from them about a year ago. Never received them mount and their CS never accepted they screwed up. There are plenty of better choices out there.

I ordered a Vortex scope that was suppose to come with a free mount from them about a year ago. Never received them mount and their CS never accepted they screwed up. There are plenty of better choices out there.

Ouch. Live and learn I guess.

Canceled my order was stuck at fulfillment status for a week. Ordered from another site and got it in 2 days. I get the whole delayed time thing but maybe they are taking advantage of it.

OpticsPlanet has always treated me well. With all this Wuhan virus BS, I would cut them a break

Back