Order of the Canoe

This is a fine looking user, Gevonovich!
I was just taking pictures till now, but maybe I'll give it some cutting soon.
Your Indian's line of sight seems different from mine?

Thanks a bunch! Our etches look subtly different. The wake in the water for instance...

Great photograph:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! Really like your picture too, awesome colors!
Once you start looking at it... Just found another difference, one paddle is dark and the other is bright.

Last edited:
Sunflower version.
CanoeXX_zpstspslx8i.jpg

I love the Queen canoe. I had one I carried for years. I gave it away...missed it ever since.

I've always wanted a canoe, but I've just never gotten around to buying one... Those Case CV ones look like a treat to use and carry!

I have a deep fondness for any single spring, dual bladed knife. The canoe is extra special with the Tang-covering bolsters. I have 2 Queens and a GEC. Both are fantastic users:

image.jpg3_zpspduccn9m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the only canoe pattern I have left. Felinegirl email me please.

Last edited:
Such beauty here! Thank you all for the wonderful pictures! I found Supratentorial's railsplitter to be quite interesting, and Wurrwulf's two canoes are simply gorgeous, like looking at jewels. And that's a mighty handsome example, Vinifera. I agree with you, Gevonovich, about that feeling of the outdoors in a canoe. I hope you start carrying yours a bit more often! [emoji4]

While I admire all traditionals, there is just something special about canoes to me. I've been carrying canoes for a while now and enjoy them very much. Even though my Buck 389 canoe has somewhat less than desirable steel, I still enjoy the heck out of it. All of my Rough Rider canoes have excellent fit and finish and are pretty. So far, my Case canoe in amber bone is the nicest of the bunch. For the money, it is quite good. I see why it is such a popular canoe.

I hope that others continue to post pictures of their canoes here, old and new. I find the canoe pattern to be quite useful. I often pair it with a peanut in my edc. There's not much I can't do with that combo!

Alex

Last edited:
At the start of this century, Queen Cutlery did a range of Canoes called Cozy Glen. They had an Acorn shield and came with some really attractive bone, I had the app to get one but my lack of zeal for the pattern meant it went by. Regret that, as they were fine looking examples. A search of old threads may yield a pic. or perhaps a Cult Member has one?;)

I have a deep fondness for any single spring, dual bladed knife. The canoe is extra special with the Tang-covering bolsters. I have 2 Queens and a GEC. Both are fantastic users:

Well and truly said, so I don't know why I never warmed up to them. Too short a curve for my fingers, maybe.

I've got several canoes, including the Single blade, bare headed canoe built by Jeff Mutz. Most of my canoes are Bulldogs made in Germany and I have one 4-blade "Gunboat" by Fight'n Rooster (made in the same place as the Bulldogs I believe). I missed getting one of the GEC canoes. I have 3 or 4 Case canoes including a gold lip pearl and one with Paua (abalone) covers.

Some pics:
knives110304-002.jpg

knives1103-003.jpg

knives080710005.jpg

knives0610002-2.jpg

Ignore that Copperlock on the bottom there, but it does have a "canoeish" bolster on the blade end...

Ed J

Last edited:
I don't know if anything is prettier than abalone shell on a knife. Just something about it , even to my partially color blind eyes that makes it look so ... sensual I guess. Seems like Case always steps the quality up a little for their pearl and paua runs.
Thanks, Neal

At the start of this century, Queen Cutlery did a range of Canoes called Cozy Glen. They had an Acorn shield and came with some really attractive bone, I had the app to get one but my lack of zeal for the pattern meant it went by. Regret that, as they were fine looking examples. A search of old threads may yield a pic. or perhaps a Cult Member has one?;)

;) I see what you did there

I've got several canoes, including the Single blade, bare headed canoe built by Jeff Mutz. Most of my canoes are Bulldogs made in Germany and I have one 4-blade "Gunboat" by Fight'n Rooster (made in the same place as the Bulldogs I believe). I missed getting one of the GEC canoes. I have 3 or 4 Case canoes including a gold lip pearl and one with Paua (abalone) covers.

Ignore that Copperlock on the bottom there, but it does have a "canoeish" bolster on the blade end...

Ed J

Wow. Just wow. TLARbb, you have some truly stunning canoes!

Alex

While I admire all traditionals, there is just something special about canoes to me. I've been carrying canoes for a while now and enjoy them very much. Even though my Buck 389 canoe has somewhat less than desirable steel, I still enjoy the heck out of it. All of my Rough Rider canoes have excellent fit and finish and are pretty. So far, my Case canoe in amber bone is the nicest of the bunch. For the money, it is quite good. I see why it is such a popular canoe.

I really like Canoes too. I'm looking at the Rough Rider Canoes which appear to be some nice knives. My Case amber bone CV is my favorite too--love the etching on the blade.

I'm really enjoying my new Case burnt amber bone canoe...
Been carrying it for 4 days now, work with it and make my meals with it.
I'm really happy with this knife, it looks cool and you can really work it to task.
I also like the angle the blade is set, my Muskrats are like that too.. nice angle
for cutting tasks.

Like Gevonovich, canoe knives also evoke in me a feeling of the outdoors. I wonder why - perhaps their similarity with the camp knives many of us carried as kids?

My two Case canoes get lots of carry time:

xrGbSkc-yogzshbxVLRqAg

Cheers,
Jeff

I'm another who has never taken to carrying a Canoe pattern pocketknife. I do own these two Case Canoes; a 1999 with Chestnut bone handles and blade etched CV steel, and a 1974 with standard bone handles and carbon steel (before Case began marketing them as "CV" and with the blade etch). I have gifted a number of Canoe patterns over the years and they were well received by the recipients. OH

Case_62131_CV_1999.jpg

]

I have a few Case knives that would really go well with that OH . That being the much newer run of the Rogers Jigged Walnut Bone series but they never had the Canoe in the series. My loss on that .
I think your Canoe looks great . It has probably changed my mind on Canoes . Thank you for that .

Harry

Back