Order Update

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings All,

I hope everyone is surviving China’s gift that keeps on giving and you and yours are well. Here at the the Steingass house, we’ve been laying low. I’m usually a private guy about some things but I believe you and my wait list clients deserve an explanation why my books remain closed and my delivery projections have slipped.

Awhile back I wasn’t feeling up to snuff and I closed my books - just couldn’t put in an honest day’s work (enjoyment) in the shop. After a myriad of tests, we’ve come to find out I have a leaking mitral heart valve and I’m down to 40% heart capacity. A team of surgeons is performing a case review of my condition this week and we’ll see what develops regarding surgical repair. If I undergo surgery, I'll probably ask the surgeons to throw in a face lift too.:D

I apologize to those of you that are patiently waiting for your knife order to be filled - and I completely understand if you want to cancel. Recently I was contacted by a new BF member that someone had referred my name to. This is what I told him: “Tell ya what - if you’re still interested, contact me in a month - by then I’ll either be on the mend or in the ground.”

Be well and don’t forget to vote.

TK

Wow TK, so sorry to hear, today’s medical technology is amazing. I’m sure they’ll devise a plan and have you on the mend in no time.
I‘M hobbled up myself. Had a Total Knee Replacement this past Friday. Getting around pretty good and Doc told me the apparatus will surely outlive me....o_O I think that was good news.
You are in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery :thumbsup:

As shown, you are a man of high standards and delays affect you personally. Your word is powerful to you.

Health affects you even MORE personally. This is the crossroads of taking care of you and taking care of your lower order responsibilities.

You chose wisely. :thumbsup: :D

I was wondering where you were after not seeing you around for a while. I'm praying for you and hopefully you'll get back to feeling like your old self again. Take care buddy and Thanks for the update.

Fell better my friend you are in my thoughts

Your tough and I have all the confidence in the world you will put this behind you

I had my aortic valve replaced so I can relate. I'm on my 8th year with a mechanical valve and do everything I used to and I tick :) I like being bionic.

There's a forum for us "valvers" www.valvereplacement.org. I found it very helpful. There's people on that forum who have been through your same gauntlet and want to help.

Get a good team. It's complicated surgery but relatively common with success rates for most procedures +99%. If it's not a straightforward decision get second and third opinions. Don't dilly dally!

Via con Dios.

TX for all the well wishes folks- appreciated :)

had a hernia operation in the summer- definitely not like a heart thing, but my point is that I was amazed that once I healed up after the surgery how much more capable I am. The accumulative nature of the downward spiral of a body that's messed up is not so perceptible while it's underway, and it's damn near miraculous how much better the body functions once that energy sink is dealt with.

all the best!

Thoughts are with you TK. I’m sure knives will be flying out of your shop soon enough. We all hope so!

Back