Orders Ceased

I have the greatest customers in the world. Don't think I don't believe this. Its just out of control with the details that orderers are going into, and then changing constantly. It makes it very hard to organize, and very hard for the finished product to match exactly what the orderer wanted. Sometimes it won't fit on a 3x5 card.

If I ever do start taking orders again I'll require that the poster specify nothing more than model, grind, and hand size.

Good for you Andy, bad for me (I have 2 of your knives, and direct ordered one- my Birthday Nessy). So if in about 6 months time you are thinking of what handles to put on a Bow Legged Joe- red liners on a lacewood handle should sell quickly if a certain Canadian is on the ball......

Keep having fun with your career- that way you will keep having the career of your choice!

Sorry to hear about the order mess. Seems to be normal now with other knifemakers doing similar things, at least one other. Can only imagine how hectic it can get with people changing their minds all the time and possibly not even buying the knife.

Sucks to do it, but having a none refundable deposit up front or PIF might be the best way. That or what the person wants is spelled out with few options available and they are locked in to it.

In any case, can't wait to see the Bushcraft Karda.

Andy do what you half to do for your self.
On my runt neck knife I can,t really decide what handle material to get,so you pick something nice in wood or stag & I,ll take what you make. I know this isn,t much,but hope it makes it a little eaiser on you.
Hope to do more bussinees with you. TOMMY00729 PEACE OUT

I have the greatest customers in the world. Don't think I don't believe this. ~~~~~~~~~~

model, grind, and hand size.

OK then: Halle Berry, bump-and grind, and two hands-full.
:)
Andy, I'll order five of these! I would get more, but I don't think I could handle it.:D
OK Andy, I have bought five or more knives directly from you.

I think one of these will be enough for me..... I'm kinda old. ;)
No changes whatsoever................. :eek: :D :D :D :thumbup: ;)

PS / Please do a rush order and overnight it when finished..... cost is no object. ;)

some people just can't make up their minds.

once you choose a model, deciding on the grind should be simple enough, and handle materials don't change much unless Shadetree brews something cool up. unfortunately, Shadetree's website is not working so the only way a someone can see what is available from them is from pix of actual knives.

i could see someone deciding they wanted your new smaller multi pin styles instead of the Corby bolts when you came out with those, but now the bolts are not an option.

i do hope you are able to offer custom orders again at some point, with choices of handle material, because i'd love something more colorful than what i see in stock at KSF. orange, yellow and red burlap over black G10 with CF pins would be sweet!

i like the woods too, but after hearing Andy comment on handle warpage after trips to Vegas i think i'm better off with something other than wood for most of my stuff.

Well, the desert, and heat in general are hell on handles. I had frickin micarta handles shrink in Vegas.

I understand totally, Andy.
I'm on a miniature scale (very miniature) compared to you and I even get bogged down with the changes and requests. It clogs things up and make out put very slow.
Today I took the hidden tang option off my web site. Way to much of headache and way to time consuming even though I love making them.
Iz

Would you take an order that is paid in full up front with no option of changes after you start?

Back