1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Oregon Blade Maker Grinder

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by MarcDane, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Lu1967

Lu1967

Oct 20, 2014
    Hi Marc,maybe consider felt belts instead of the buffer?Iv'e had one too many close calls with mine,and as one forum member has said about machines he didn't care for, " I,m going take it out back and cover it with leaves" Good luck. Lu.

2. MarcDane

MarcDane

Jun 12, 2015
    Excellent, thanks guys! I'll search and see if I use compound with a felt belt or what. Appreciate your help!

3. PigPopper

PigPopper

Aug 29, 2010
    Do you know what the country of origin is for the Oregon grinder?

4. polish avenger

polish avenger Basic Member Basic Member

May 28, 2002
    Made in U.S.A.
    -Mark

5. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    All I can find is that they are 'based in the United States', as per their eBay webpage. Are you certain that the products are made here?

6. polish avenger

polish avenger Basic Member Basic Member

May 28, 2002
    Yup....he told me that some of the fasteners may be imported, however.
    -Mark

7. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Perfect - thanks!

8. weo

weo KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 21, 2014
    He's located either in Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA.
    ~billyO