Oregon Knifemakers List

.... don't forget Bill Siegle..

I am not a maker, but do live in PNW.

Jim Allen was mentioned, but I wanted to add his knife company name: Three Sisters Forge

Also Eric Ochs: Ochs Sherworx.

I don't know all names that go with the business names, I added the business names for the 2.. :)

I heard that there is a group of makers that get together down in eugene called the 5160 club monthly, i only wish a group could be formed in pdx metro area that could link makers together, it could be an AA for makers, you show up find a mentor, work the 12 steps of heat treating, when your up late at night about to spend money you dont have with aldo, you could reach out for support through your mentor, have special guests that have been making for 5, 10, 15 20 ,25years etc, making experience, oh how i would fit right in!!!! HI my name is greg and im addicted to everything knife related!!!

Ray Richards,gresham,Ray Coon,gresham ,Nick Marcellia,vancover,Frank Jacobs,vancover,Allen Warren ,Portland,Bill Tuch,Portland,Greg Och,Sherwood,Pardy Bugtei,Portland,Shane Sibert,Gladstone,Bill Siegel,GladstoneTed Harris ,Hillsboro,Gene Martin,Butch/Rainey Vallotton,Wayne Goddard,Eugene, me a few years ago!
i'm sure there are many i am forgetting right now (Sorry Guys). most of these guys are great people very good down to earth types. get in touch with any of these guys you won't be sorry.
Previous makers Bob Lum( you are missed) Al Mar ( you are missed as well)

Pleased to see this thread resurface, I had forgotten about it. I tried to put these in order on the first page.

Last edited:
I heard that there is a group of makers that get together down in eugene called the 5160 club monthly, i only wish a group could be formed in pdx metro area that could link makers together, it could be an AA for makers, you show up find a mentor, work the 12 steps of heat treating, when your up late at night about to spend money you dont have with aldo, you could reach out for support through your mentor, have special guests that have been making for 5, 10, 15 20 ,25years etc, making experience, oh how i would fit right in!!!! HI my name is greg and im addicted to everything knife related!!!

Hi, my name is Brian... I've been addicted to making Knives for a year. But all I do is buy tools. Help!! lol.

I agree Greg. Maybe it's time to form the Oregon Knife Guild? The Portland chapter could meet monthly like Wayne's 5160 club.

I am located in Eugene, and I guess I am a maker! ;)

With a list like that, Oregon could have 2 shows a year :) Last years Eugene show was okay... but I feel many Oregon makers didn't make it. I suppose you need the time/money to get a table and supply the table.. I also really didn't see many of the "bigger" makers there that I was hoping to see. I thought west coast was the best coast :D Hope this year is better.. ;]

DEC 10th! Second Saturday of December this year.. Perhaps it will be a winner :) I'll support a local maker and see who else shows up to decide where else to plunk down some cash :D

Yup I live here too,

Ray and I are NOT related (thankfully:D), Ray's last name is Richard, Not Richards

Though not actually in Oregon, Dan Westlin lives just across the river in Wa. He and Brett are cohorts.

I added info to the list and moved it to first post. If anyone can add info or makers please post.
Thanks for all your help.
Mark Behnke

Great to see this many makers in our wonderful State! I'm just a newbie (I think this is even my first post...) to making knives (4 under my belt so far), but love the craft and continue to learn more every day. Will keep checking this thread and we need to organize a get together or something!

Oh, I'm in the Applegate Valley....

-ah

Chuck, I relisted everyone on the first post and added all the web addys I could find through google, I'll continue to add, as people post or Pm me. I listed Bob Lums web site and Frank Gambles name. If anyone has web sites not listed let me know or post, and I'll continue to edit.

hooperpsu, I need your name.

Thanks to all for your help.

I don't live in Oregon... but I'm awfully darn close. :)

It all feels like home around this area. :thumbup:

mark, I don't have a website for Frank I don't think he has one. I just wanted everyone to know Bob was no longer here. His website is still up though and full of inspirational knives.

Back