• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Osage orange blocks and scales

Phillip Patton

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey all,
I have some more wood here for you. I've done my best to waste any flaws, but there may be a few pieces here with some minor cracks, or a little sapwood/bark. If you can't work around them, let me know and I'll send you free replacements.

Sizes:

The scales are all about 3/8" thick, and the widths range between 1-5/8" and 2-3/8", while the lengths are either 5" or 6".

The smaller blocks are different sizes, but mostly about 1" by 1-1/2", and the lengths are either 5" or 6".

The larger blocks are mostly 6" long, with just a few being 5". Thicknesses range between 1-1/4" and 1-3/8", while widths range between 1-3/4" and 2-3/8".

The ends have been sealed to prevent checking. You should test the moisture content before using.

Scales are book matched.

Prices are $5 each for the smaller sizes (scales or blocks), $7.50 for the bigger ones.

Shipping will depend on how many you get. :)

I can take check, paypal, or money order.

If you need a size not listed here, I'd be happy to cut you some.

121018-1.jpg 121018-2.jpg

101118-2-jpg.1001855

I'd like to buy 4 small scales, you still have my PayPal from before?

Sorry, hadn't checked this thread in a while. I'm not sure if I still have your email. Edit: found your email Thanks!

Last edited:
Back