Osprey food thread

How about future food?

nNwQkg5l.jpg

OQD06C3l.jpg

Looks great Bob!! Nicely done.

Beautiful buck Odaon!

Thank you! I was holding out for a slightly older age class, but this guy stood around for too long letting me get set up. He's darn tasty! Corn fed Nebraska buck!

Some dinner prep tonight with my warthog. Sliced potatoes, green beans and trimmed some nice ribeye steaks. Slices like a dream.

Thanks for starting this thread Bob, you like your steak like I like them, barely dead and slightly cooked. Looks good! Made me hungry looking at it!

How about future food?

nNwQkg5l.jpg

OQD06C3l.jpg

Thats a fine looking catch there Odaon! I hope you are enjoying your Warthog!

I posted this over in Fiddlebacks and Food, but thought I ought to share here too!

The kiddos asked for Oatmeal this morning . . . that was a wee bit boring, so I spruced it up some. Chia/Flax/Cornmeal/Oatmeal hot cereal with fresh strawberries and blueberries served over a fresh honey/vanilla whipped cream.

0Wn6AsE.jpg

aFf23KW.jpg

BkfVo8z.jpg

I thought I better add to this post. This is a dish my grandmother used to make for me when I was younger. It's made with some ground beef (I used a couple of leftover hamburgers), onions, cabbage, your favorite spices although she always used some black pepper and salt. We always ate this on cheap hamburger buns with yellow mustard. Since I'm doing the low carb eating I just like mine in a bowl with spicy brown mustard.

IMG_8464.JPG IMG_8465.JPG
IMG_8466.JPG
IMG_8469.JPG
IMG_8470.JPG

The last time I was home I decided to make a simple smoked chicken vegetable soup for my wife and I as she had shoulder surgery form an ATV accident last fall. I used the breast meat from the chickens I smoked, leeks, zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower, bok choy, cilantro and homemade chicken stock that took about 36 hours to make. IMG_8498.JPG IMG_8493.JPG IMG_8502.JPG IMG_8503.JPG IMG_8504.JPG IMG_8507.JPG

Nice job TLA. Looks delicious especially with the zucchini.

Reactions: TLA
Went to an Amish market yesterday and picked up some beauties. Spent this morning prepping everything as everyone was still asleep but me and Creed. Some for the freezer some for dinners this week. My Raptor was called up to duty and didn't let me down (thanks to @prom52). The Roma green beans were so sweet I was eating them raw.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. sometimes they're great sometimes no so.

Last edited:
Went to an Amish market yesterday and picked up some beauties. Spent this morning prepping everything as everyone was still asleep but me and Creed. Some for the freezer some for dinners this week. My Raptor was called up to duty and didn't let me down (thanks to @prom52). The Roma green beans were so sweet I was eating them raw.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. sometimes they're great sometimes no so.

Pictures look great to me! Makes me hungry! I love spaghetti! Those meat balls look good!

How are you liking the Raptor? I was excited to see you had picked one up!

Thanks for sharing!

I just had to look out back at make sure Big Deal Bob doesnt have a Trail Camera set up st my house! ;)

Last two time you have posted pictures of your dinner I was sitting down for dinner too, :eek:o_O

You must be trying some Jedi shit on me, or our guts are on the same schedule. :cool::D

Either way I am cool with it, and the food looks great! Keep them coming and thanks for sharing!

I recently took a trip to Maui. Since I was traveling light, I took the handy OK&T Nomad as my only knife for ten days.

I learned long ago that even the nicest rental condos come equipped with POS dull kitchen knives, so I always pack the Nomad to do the job right. It’s hard to beat 1/16” CPM 154 with G10 handles for a traveling food prep knife. The upturned handle angle provides enough finger clearance to make it perform much bigger than you would expect from such a small knife.

Here it is slicing fresh pineapple for breakfast.

I love using this little guy...

Phil

Back