1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osprey food thread

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Bmurray, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Some dinner prep tonight with my warthog. Sliced potatoes, green beans and trimmed some nice ribeye steaks. Slices like a dream.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    How about future food?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oyster, Tekton, varga49 and 4 others like this.
  3. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Looks great Bob!! Nicely done.

Beautiful buck Odaon!

varga49 and Bmurray like this.
  4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Thank you! I was holding out for a slightly older age class, but this guy stood around for too long letting me get set up. He's darn tasty! Corn fed Nebraska buck!

MajorD likes this.
  5. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014

Thanks for starting this thread Bob, you like your steak like I like them, barely dead and slightly cooked. Looks good! Made me hungry looking at it!

Thats a fine looking catch there Odaon! I hope you are enjoying your Warthog!

Odaon likes this.
  6. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    I posted this over in Fiddlebacks and Food, but thought I ought to share here too!

The kiddos asked for Oatmeal this morning . . . that was a wee bit boring, so I spruced it up some. Chia/Flax/Cornmeal/Oatmeal hot cereal with fresh strawberries and blueberries served over a fresh honey/vanilla whipped cream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    I thought I better add to this post. This is a dish my grandmother used to make for me when I was younger. It's made with some ground beef (I used a couple of leftover hamburgers), onions, cabbage, your favorite spices although she always used some black pepper and salt. We always ate this on cheap hamburger buns with yellow mustard. Since I'm doing the low carb eating I just like mine in a bowl with spicy brown mustard.

IMG_8464.JPG IMG_8465.JPG
    IMG_8466.JPG
    IMG_8469.JPG
    IMG_8470.JPG

FeralGentleman likes this.
  8. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    The last time I was home I decided to make a simple smoked chicken vegetable soup for my wife and I as she had shoulder surgery form an ATV accident last fall. I used the breast meat from the chickens I smoked, leeks, zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower, bok choy, cilantro and homemade chicken stock that took about 36 hours to make. IMG_8498.JPG IMG_8493.JPG IMG_8502.JPG IMG_8503.JPG IMG_8504.JPG IMG_8507.JPG

9. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Nice job TLA. Looks delicious especially with the zucchini.

TLA likes this.
  10. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
  11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
  12. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Went to an Amish market yesterday and picked up some beauties. Spent this morning prepping everything as everyone was still asleep but me and Creed. Some for the freezer some for dinners this week. My Raptor was called up to duty and didn't let me down (thanks to @prom52). The Roma green beans were so sweet I was eating them raw.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. sometimes they're great sometimes no so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  13. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Pictures look great to me! Makes me hungry! I love spaghetti! Those meat balls look good!

How are you liking the Raptor? I was excited to see you had picked one up!

Thanks for sharing!

Bmurray likes this.
  14. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    The meatballs are the bomb! I like Raptor, it'll make for a good trout/panfish or squirrel knife this fall.

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  15. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Awesome!:D Thats just what it was designed for, hence the name, but it can handle bigger game too! You will see soon! ;)

16. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  17. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

I just had to look out back at make sure Big Deal Bob doesnt have a Trail Camera set up st my house! ;)

Last two time you have posted pictures of your dinner I was sitting down for dinner too, :eek:o_O

You must be trying some Jedi shit on me, or our guts are on the same schedule. :cool::D

Either way I am cool with it, and the food looks great! Keep them coming and thanks for sharing!

Bmurray likes this.
  18. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    shrimp and steak tacos with cilantro, roasted jalapenos, sweet onion, pineapple and a few squeezes of fresh lime. Damn best tacos ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    @Bmurray so good you couldn't wait until Tuesday

Osprey Knife & Tool and Bmurray like this.
  20. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I recently took a trip to Maui. Since I was traveling light, I took the handy OK&T Nomad as my only knife for ten days.

I learned long ago that even the nicest rental condos come equipped with POS dull kitchen knives, so I always pack the Nomad to do the job right. It’s hard to beat 1/16” CPM 154 with G10 handles for a traveling food prep knife. The upturned handle angle provides enough finger clearance to make it perform much bigger than you would expect from such a small knife.

Here it is slicing fresh pineapple for breakfast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love using this little guy...

Phil