OT: Another Prayer Request

I have a prayer request. Where do I begin.

My daughter has a kidney disease/dysfunction. She is four years old, she will be five next month. Her name is Kayla. She's as sweet as any little girl you could meet. Monday, I've got to take her for an annual test at a local Scottish Rite hospital, nuclear radiation, and a tube, well, in the last place a father would want it. Her mother and I have to hold her down for the test while she screams in pain at the top of her lungs. We've had to do this a few years in a row, hoping that she will have grown out of the condition and not have to do the test again. We are hoping this year they will say she is OK and we don't have to put her through this again. I am having a hard time dealing with it, and I dread having to explain to her this weekend that she has to do the test again. I hate having to hold her down. I'm her father, she looks to me to protect her from pain.

Please include prayers for Yvsa's granddaughter too. She is having a harder time than my little girl.

Thanks,

David

Yvsa and his family are already covered, David. Prayers and smoke going to your daughter, wife, and you. ( I've had to hold my kid down when he was having a seizure caused by medication the psychiatrist refused to take him off of for 9 or 10 months. That's a whole 'nother story - but I have been there too! )

Smoke and prayers, man. Your little girl is gonna be just fine. Being a good dad means doin' the right thing. She'll understand soon enough. Best wishes to you and yours.

"Daddy please help me, don't let them hurt me"

I've had to endure that two times too many already.....:( :mad:

I get such a jumble of emotions........part of me wants to break out into a bloody savage and wreak holy terror on the room....part of me won't let go of my boy's hand no matter what happens....part of me is crying and sobbing like a baby.....

tough times indeed.

My heart goes out to you, LR. I feel your pain................I have strength yet..........let me take some of your burden.

Smoke will go up for Kayla this evening.

Why? Is a question I ask the Infinite every day. :(

When JFK was shot, Bobby K. was heard to say that all night long... "Why, G_d, why?"

I ask every day but feel certain I will never know. :(

All we can do is comiserate and pray together.

If He has a plan, he ain't sharing it with me.

AA (at a loss)

You got it, David.

Hard to explain you are doing it for her own good, no matter what the age.

Be well and safe.

I sincerely hope your daughter recovers !!!

Maybe they'll figure out some less invasive method in the future (perhaps something along the lines of MRI ?).

I can't even imagine what you are going through David. I lost my mother a little over a year ago and the stuff with my dad now and to hear what you and Yvsa are going through breaks my heart. I don't know how I could handle it. Prayers, good thoughts and smoke going out to you and yours. I am in and out of town dealing with family stuff but I am still local to you, if you need anything let me know and I will do whatever I can for you. Mark

Combined smoke going up Dawi. Wish there were more we could do.:(

David,

I have a 4 year old daughter also and she truly is my whole world. I am so sorry for what you're going through. Prayers and heartfelt best wishes to your whole family.

Thanks all. I really appreciate and I don't know what to say.

Mark, I appreciate the offer. I lost my father this year too. I understand what that's like.

Yvsa- wado.

Life gets Teedjous sometimes, don't it? Been there & I know how you feel. Your daughter & Yvsa's grand-daughter are in our prayers. It sure gets tough trying to be strong when it's your own child.

Back