OT: Who is the Barbarian?

Oh Damn!
The f#ing T-word.
(tradition)
They use that over here whenever they do anything.

Somehow, people in the old world seem to have confused the words "Natural, tradition and culture" with the word "good"

Hey rape, murder, war and slavery are traditions arent they ?!?!

I can just hear the defendant yelling at the judge
"Sure I raped her, its a tradition!"
The judge says" Well, he's got us there... case dismissed"

Hey Svashtar...am I gonna read about you here?
aug2.gif

http://lists.topica.com/lists/spd-pressreleases/read
and I better add this one too incase you make it on the 1st link..
http://www.salinaspd.com/crimes/crimehistory.html

they keep this part of salinas clean so we dont have them garbage birds like you do :D

Hey, I hope not, unless they come to confiscate my death weapon pellet gun! I _thought_ we kept our neighborhood clean, but once these guys get a foothold there's no stopping them. The cute double overhang roof sections they put up for looks are like perfect pigeon sanctuaries.

Trouble is also that I have seen some of the neighbors feeding them old bread crumbs and stuff, which really encourages them. I feel like I should start carrying an umbrella around because of all the aerial bombarment that goes on constantly.

Best I can do is keep them off my house as much as possible...

Later!

Norm

I just wanted to say this is one of the best threads ever. :cool: Kis, Svashtar; all of you, great stories. :D

Ben Arown-Awile said:
When I was a kid, the only ones who carried big knives WERE the Italians, which is exactly why you never wanted to date their sisters.

Don't worry Ben, some of us still carry big knives :)
I even have a stiletto if a Madd Maxx counts.
And stay away from my sister! ;)

Ben Arown-Awile said:
When I was a kid, the only ones who carried big knives WERE the Italians, which is exactly why you never wanted to date their sisters.

That's right! My Dad used to have a pretty good collection of Italian switchblades (or automatics if you prefer), and the largest had a 7" blade! Some were pretty junky, and some were of excellent quality.

Regards,

Norm

Ben Arown-Awile said:

Funny you should mention that -- that was exactly my friend's reaction. Update on the story: we gave him the usual tool-vs-weapon speech, he sort of blew us off and wandered off. I ran into him yesterday, and notice a little metal clip on his pocket.

"Watcha got there, Guido?"

He looks around conspiratorially.

"I got a great price on this Spyderco, check it out."

He pulls out a Delica, which I admire politely. I check the edge with my thumb and find that it's as dull as a butter knife. Now I'm thinking to myself, how on Earth did he manage to get a decent blade this dull. "Little dull, don't you think, Guido?"

"Well, yeah. When I got it, it was really sharp, so I filed it down for safety."

<spluttering noises, indignant snorts>

"Well, I didn't want to cut myself..." And off he wanders.

Ah well. Baby steps... baby steps... :rolleyes:

Mike Kilo Niner said:
Funny you should mention that -- that was exactly my friend's reaction. Update on the story: we gave him the usual tool-vs-weapon speech, he sort of blew us off and wandered off. I ran into him yesterday, and notice a little metal clip on his pocket.

"Watcha got there, Guido?"

He looks around conspiratorially.

"I got a great price on this Spyderco, check it out."

He pulls out a Delica, which I admire politely. I check the edge with my thumb and find that it's as dull as a butter knife. Now I'm thinking to myself, how on Earth did he manage to get a decent blade this dull. "Little dull, don't you think, Guido?"

"Well, yeah. When I got it, it was really sharp, so I filed it down for safety."

Ah well. Baby steps... baby steps... :rolleyes:

Wow.... just wow. As you say though, baby steps. :rolleyes:

LOL, actually that's kind of smart for a newbie... we're just too thick-skinned from cutting ourselves all those times, to worry about it anymore...

giggle...
Mike Kilo Niner said:
While it is smart to get used to a new "weapon" before "loading" it, that can be a deterent when it comes to knives. But oh well... at least he is making progress.

Back