OT: Worst Movies Ever - to be avoided

Two stand out in my mind:

Ishtar
Dune (1984 release, not to be confused with 2000 remake)

These are my nominations for films which should be dropped over Iraq as a subtle form of Psychological Warfare:

1. Blair Witch Project
In the cinema I went to 50% of the audience clapped and cheered (in relief) when it ended. The other 50% got motion sickness and passed out on the floor.

2. Red Sonja
Bridgette Nielson at her bustier-bursting worst. Heck, it was so wooden if the cast stood still long enough, they'd be mistaken for trees.

3. Dungeons & Dragons
The sorceress was pretty cute. That was the only good part in a film with loads of plastic-armored, leotard-wearing cast members. Lord of the Rings blew it away and made it look like a red-headed stepson.

Andrew Lim

1- "Conan the Barbarian" by John Milius and Oliver Stone.

2- "DUNE" by David Lynch.

3- "Dersou Ouzala" by Akira Kurosawa.

4- "A couteaux tires" by Lee Tamahori, with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. It's an american movie, but I don't know the original U.S. title.

5- "The last of the Mohicans" by Micael Mann.

And I'm a fan of all the books written by Robert Erwin Howard : "Conan", "El Borak", "Bran Mak Morn", "Cormak Mac Art", "Almuric",...

I can't believe you all forgot Battlefield Earth! Oh, and The Fast and the Furious.

Keeping it current (and short) these are both a definite miss:
Tailor of Panama
Gosford Park

Mission to Mars - a real SF flop - but worth it for the unintentional comedy.

Killer Clowns from Outer Space. Truly abysmal.

I did like Jackie Chan in Drunken Master tho'.....go figure.:rolleyes:

"Killer Clowns from Outer Space. Truly abysmal."

:mad:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! THAT was the final straw! Congratulations Roger you sent me over the falls. How can you say that? Where else could you find dialogue such as "...HOLY $#!t, killer clowns from outer space!..." as so eloquently delivered by John Vernon? Or what about "...Alright boys, what are you going to do with those pies?" Hmmmmmm? I ask you -can you ever look at another clown the same way as before you saw this movie? Wouldn't popcorn in clothes hampers make you stop and think? Let your children near any clowns recently, have you?

I suppose you've got disparaging remarks to make about 'Shakes the Clown' (1992, Bobcat Goldthwait) too? Let alone how you might feel about 'Hell Comes to Frogtown' (1988, Roddy Piper & Sandahl Bergman). Still just shaking my head in disbelief of your post:(

As long as I've got my guns out... Hey Stephensee :D
Akira Kurosawa had NEVER made a bad film. 'Dersu Uzala' won the 1976 Best Foreign Film Oscar. Why do you think he is S-O-O-O-O-O emulated by the western & European film makers?

Just for the record, one of my very favorite movies is 'Zatoichi vs. Yojimbo' (1970, Toshiro Mifune) although this was done by Kihachi Okamoto -Pax

"The lord of the rings" was pretty darn long IMHO! You could cut out 2 hours of the film and it would still cover as much ground. It just had way to many sceans that really didn't have much to do with the main plot! Very stupid movie!!!!!!! If you like sword fighting and middle ages stuff see Braveheart! That is a great movie!

The 1987ish movie "Dudes" was good but all my friends thought it was dumb! It had Mary Cathyren Stewart in it with tight jeans on and could fast draw a six shooter! What more could you want from a movie!?!?!?!;)

"Return of the alien's deadly spawn" was pretty bad but man for it's time it had some great special effects and boy was it a bloody movie!!!!

"Class of 1999" "Class of Nuke em' High" "Class of 1984" were all bad but did have a tendency to make you laugh at the most serious sceans!

One of the only movies I walked out of was "The mirror has 2 faces" with Barba Strisand and Jeff Bridges....don't even ask!:barf:

Some of Jean Claude Van Damm's films were bad but he did have a few good ones like Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Hard Target.

Some of the old Godzilla flicks were awefull!!!

"Terror Planet" was about an alien that was raping all the women on some far away planet and then they would go crazy and give birth to a really screwed up baby!

Species 1 and 2 were bad!

"The Howling" was bad as were all the sequals!

"Tank Girl" was stupid!

Most of Walt Disneys flicks are pretty lame! They make kids think that Bambi and the Lion King is real life.

"Friday the 13th":rolleyes:

"Howard the Duck" Dumb but fun!

Jason X was pretty bad, but it had quite a bit of unintentional humor. I certainly wouldn't pay to see it, but since I get to go to the theater for free here it wasn't so bad.

The hour and a half I spent watching feardotcom, also for free, was not as well spent, however. That was just bad, because it wasn't even funny-bad, it was just BAD.

Very bizarre, I disagree with most of you, and I don't like hollywood chain productions. I dislike Lethal Weapon 4, not only ridiculous but insulting to NRA members and anyone who holds firearms in respect and simply would not go around with a badge waving them in everyone's face. The charm of the first was well gone before they made the fourth. Maybe the best reason to dislike the movie is because after 4 of them we see the actor, Mel Gibson, in his weakness as a man. Yeah, I know, he's been in some great stuff, but you gotta wonder about someone who bashes gun owners while making his fortune acting like a dickhead pointing them at people.

But the first Dune I actually like- when you see all the parts put back together, what they would call now the 'directors cut' . Sci fi channel did a remake which was good... but also showed the complete original Dune. I think you Dune fans can't forgive anyone because the book was better. (and I read 3 or 4 times.)

I like Kurosawa even though he is a cult name and emulated by hollywood. I haven't seen the movie in question. I'm betting even a bad Kurosawa has something good about it.

Natural Born Killers was trash. It is as if someone set out to erode society as quickly as possible, gleefully laughing at us and thumbing their..er uh..noses, while insulting our intelligence along the way with ridiculous 'existentialism' and parody. I won't watch the lead actor anymore because of it. What's his name, Woody Hardon?

The first Conan the Barbarian was brilliant. Period. As good as the Mad Max movies. I'm not kidding. If anyone doesn't like the first Conan...well..You don't want to stay up watching movies with me.

Last of the Mohicans was a flop in a lot of ways, but not one of the worst movies ever. I especially like the closed in feeling during the wilderness scenes, brings back some atavistic fears...now I know why we cut it down in the first place. In many ways a vast, cinemascopic empty suit, but it had moments. C minus only

all in all, I like many of the things you guys would throw away. But then, I like great films and great American Cheese as well.

munk

Has everyone forgotten about the stupidest film par excellence?

(Dumbroll...er...Drumroll, Please:rolleyes: )

ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES!

I mean, really. The producers started out to make a really stupid movie, and succeeded beyond their wildest imaginations. With Mutated tomatoes that eat people, a paratrooper who runs around dragging his deployed chute behind him ( While brandishing a cavalry sabre), and a cameo by "Miss Potato Famine of 1922", what is lacking?

Hmmmm.... How about the song played over the stadium loudspeaker to neutralize and normalize the "Killer" Tomatoes: "Puberty Love"

With such rabid success, it makes you wonder why they didn't make a sequel.

Wait! They did and it starred George Clooney! ( I haven't been brave enough to watch it though!)

-Craig

About the only thing worse than Attack of the Killer Tomatos was Return of the Killer Tomatos.

it was even worse, if you can believe it.

Oh yeah, some of the moves I see occasionally on late night TV, the low budget horror films, like Killer Bees and Piranha were pretty bad as well.

TC

I actually hated the first Conan movie as a kid. What a let down, a big character build up and then ... not much.

But, as I got older I managed to see in a few more times, and I like it more and more every time I see it. It is one of the few Swazzenager(sp) movies with a memorable supporting cast, and most of them even survive the first 15 minutes. The Wagner score and cinematography was also very well done.

If there is a downside to the movie, it is that the story seems to end too abruptly. It would have been far better if they had developed the second Conan movie as a real sequel; forcused on Conan's rise to power, instead of the cheesy Conan the Destroyer film.

n2s

where's my car.

truly horrible, no redeeming qualities, i would rather eat my tongue than watch it again.

Back