1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Our prayers are with those many families who have been affected.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    We have just watched the horror of the attack in New York. We have several friends and customers who work in these towers. Our prayers are with all of the families who have been so terribly affected by this tragedy.

Jerry and Jennifer Busse

2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Our house is also praying for all those affected.

3. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Jun 30, 1999
    I also have friends and family in Manhattan. My prayers go out to all the innocents there and elsewhere throughout the USA, and for the USA as a nation.

4. SDouglas

SDouglas

Jan 6, 1999
    I am praying for the thousands of families affected by these tragedies. I am also praying that we are able to bring the people that caused them to justice.

5. Seth Thomas

Seth Thomas

Apr 5, 2001
    Prayers of Love, Courage, and hope for our American families.

-seth

6. thatmguy

thatmguy

Mar 26, 2000
    My thoughts and prayers are there for my co-workers in the towers. That is where most of my corporate offices were (Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter).

I think we have just witnessed our generations Pearl Harbor.

7. shindendojo

shindendojo

Dec 30, 1999
    You are not alone.
    Most of the western world is with you.
    Here in Germany everybody is shocked.
    We are feeling with you, too.

Wishing you the strength you will need.

Dirk and Christine Linnemeyer
    Busse Combat Germany

8. Climber

Climber

Feb 12, 2001
    I & mine will pray for relief & comfort for the suffering & families; and for justice to be swift and sharp against the perpetrators of this massive large-scale homocide & terrorism...
    Keep your Busse--s sharp & your powder dry, my brothers...
    Pastor Clif: a.k.a. Climber. :( Guess we need an emoticon with tears for this one...

9. Andrew Pinchen

Andrew Pinchen

Feb 3, 2001
    My family and I send out our prayers for all of the victims and there families of these tragic events. May God watch over not only them, but us all.
    Andrew Pinchen

10. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    My prayers are on there way up as well!! God bless.

11. Fanis

Fanis

Apr 15, 2001
    The whole world is watching and praying for those who have been involved in today's tragedy.

12. chomo

chomo

Jul 4, 2001
    We are also thinking and praying for all those affected.

13. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    We take this time to send our thoughts and prayers to the victims and family members of all involved in the tragic attack on our country. We kindly ask that all of our loyal customers, friends, and family please include the victims in their prayers as well. Thank you.
    :(
    David & Marie Brown & family

14. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I don't want to sound like I'm full of hate but right now I am! I would love to drive my STEEL HEART right through the Terrorists hearts.....and twist!

15. James Healy

James Healy

Feb 6, 2000
    I'm simply in a state of shock. It's incomprehensible to me that any creature claiming to be human could perpetrate such an act.

My thoughts go out to those who were killed, and the people still being affected by this hideous event.

My anger, rage and hatred goes out to those who would commit such an act, and all their ilk. You things do not deserve to exist.

James

16. dvcavall

dvcavall

Sep 6, 2001
    My heart and prayers to all effected by this tragedy, including those on this forum. It hurts to think about all the children who have lost a parent. I understand the anger we all feel, but with out wanting to sound too pious, please turn your anger to positive action, such as giving blood.

I was to be on a flight yesterday, and I fly often for my job, so this tragedy has my wife shaken. I often carry a small pocket knife with me on domestic flights, knowing it is such a valuable tool. I believe the general airline restriction is under 3 inches and the FAA restriction is under 4. I can't help but wonder about what if 20 or 30 people on those flights had also valued this item and carried pocket knives, what difference that could have made. The bottom line is criminals don't care about laws, and will always find a way to defeat policies and restrictions.

I know what will likely happen now. Society will look to the Government for protection, and all edged implements will be banned. I would not be against such a regulation, as long as it was accompanied by additional measures such as a hardened, secure aluminum grate that securly separates the cabin from the passengers. I would even like to see non-lethal weapons secured in the pilots cabin such as rubber bullet, bean bag or other devices, so if some lunatic did attempt something, they could be rendered harmless for a time to allow the stewards or passengers to subdue the aggressor. We can only hope that this time, reasonable and logical actions will be taken that will better protect us all, and truly prevent this type of horrific tragedy in the future, and not simply render the law abiding defenseless.

17. Climber

Climber

Feb 12, 2001
    Well said, Dave:
    "if 20 or 30 people on those flights had also valued this item and carried pocket knives, what difference that could have made. The bottom line is criminals don't care about laws, and will always find a way to defeat policies and restrictions.
    I know what will likely happen now. Society will look to the Government for protection, and all edged implements will be banned."

Perhaps on the flight downed in Pennsylvania, several DID have such values, & knives, & saved more thousands from destruction than we know now... but if so: THAT FACT wuld NEVER come out...
    FAA says today (9-12-2001 AD) : NO KNIVES ALLOWED ON FUTURE AIRLINE FLIGHTS! So the terrorists DO succeed in removing american freedoms...
    What OUGHTA happen (IMO...) is EVERY adult passenger on planes is allowed/issued a knife: so when the bad guys stand up & say: i've got a knife! ... anyone else can retort: so does every body: Now sit down & shut up! Ya ain't gettin past us...
    More police state = less freedom & individual responsibility = less of what America really stands for: self-government with union. NOT more dependence upon military & police for every item & action.
    HAs it been said enough? "Knives don't kill people: people kill... " [& train in flight schools & islamic terrorist camps & islamic indoctrination to hate those not of their religion & everything else required besides a piece of sharpened metal in their possession... etc.])
    Like Dave said: criminals will find a way to defeat policies & restrictions; "sterilizing" the populace (i.e. making weaponless & defenseless) will not SOLVE terrorism, i.e. evil actions calculated to spread fear.
    (C.S. Lewis: "Logic! why don't they teach logic in the schools anymore?")
    Dave: Glad you weren't in the air yesterday. May God be with you & yours; take care.
    Clif

18. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    Dave you are right, we now need to be constructive and positive!

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Never Forget!!!!

20. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I saw the 2nd tower collapse with my own eyes. The smoke lingered for weeks. My heart will always be with them and the local guys helping in the rescue effort at the pile.

Cobalt likes this.