outdoors fun with a wsk

I made a sheath for my Tracker. It's working pretty well so far. I'm not sure how I'll like the scout style, but I plan to give it a chance. The Tops TB1 is a heavy knife. In use, you don't notice it very much. On your belt, you do. The scout sheath is purported to help with that. We'll see... I posted a more in depth thread on the sheath in the Sheaths and Such section. Take care.

tracker%20sheath%20013_zpsqvud3ep5.jpg

You really got the taste of the tracker there jdk1!
Beautiful sheath you've made, some serious skills you have there.

Love the pics and experiences everyone posted, great to see a tracker thread with users posting their pics.

Hope to go on a camping trip soon, so I can take some new pics.
This is from my last trip.

TrackerFire.jpg

tF8-Htaa7U1KQBVBuchMgTtxgIhKy7G99BOIDaFL9pM=w800-h533-no

Nice pics man, looks like you had fun. I like the Beck version, but lately I have been hung up on CPM S35VN and am looking hard at Ed Martin's variant with a 7 inch blade.

11814024.jpg

Mistwalker, I'd love to see you do a review of one of those. They look very nice (and I love your reviews;))

Mistwalker, I'd love to see you do a review of one of those. They look very nice (and I love your reviews;))

Thanks man, I'm glad you like the reviews. Ed and I have talked about this, he calls his model the WTK or wilderness trail knife. All of the ones of the last batch of them were spoken for, and I have a different knife coming from this batch, but I am definitely planning on picking one up by summer. I have been hung up on the CPM S35VN for high humidity environments for a while now and Ed does an awesome job with it. He triple tempers and double cryo-quenches his stainless, and it makes for a very tough blade. I have a review of one of his smaller knives in the works now that I have been testing the last few weeks.

Beautiful, never seen those before!

Ed has just started making these again after redesigning how he did the saw. I like the way the extra inch of blade length allows for more of a flat just forward of the draw knife, and a little more forward mass for better chopping capability. I have a few of Ed's knives, and the man does great work. I'm really looking forward to checking one out later in the year.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like the reviews. Ed and I have talked about this, he calls his model the WTK or wilderness trail knife. All of the ones of the last batch of them were spoken for, and I have a different knife coming from this batch, but I am definitely planning on picking one up by summer. I have been hung up on the CPM S35VN for high humidity environments for a while now and Ed does an awesome job with it. He triple tempers and double cryo-quenches his stainless, and it makes for a very tough blade. I have a review of one of his smaller knives in the works now that I have been testing the last few weeks.

OH.....EMM...GEE......

Mr Beck's address is about an hour from my own home!

I'ma hafta check him out!!!

I am not a huge fan of the WSK. I have played with one of Bryan Breeden's. Cool tools ,much respect to anyone who takes the time to learn to get the most out of it.
Ed Martin knives do look great .

Played around with mine this past weekend. A few buddies also wanted to check out what a Tracker is all about.

DSC_0086wa_zpshiezevvb.jpg

DSC_0093wa_zpspguq62fr.jpg

Love the regrind on your tracker Panzer!
That forst pic is awesome.

What'd you buddies think about the knife?

Nice pics man, looks like you had fun. I like the Beck version, but lately I have been hung up on CPM S35VN and am looking hard at Ed Martin's variant with a 7 inch blade.

11814024.jpg

I do like how the saw was moved back a bit, batoning should be easier with this one.

It's great to see this thread is still active. Not exactly action, but I'm the proud new owner of a Paul Long sheath for my Tracker. There's an in depth thread in the Sheaths and Such section. It's good for belt or sash style carry. It should be a gem! Here's a pic.

PL%20Tracker%20Sheath%20034_zps3z0mf4wf.jpg

I'd still like to see someone make a primitive version similar to what was made in the movie but still having the grind so the ' quarter rounder ' section can be used for rounding off arrow shafts and making fuzz sticks etc. The handle could be leather or jute wrapped.

Pitdog, have you visited that thread with all the Tracker Action on the 'net? I believe there are some examples there, including a knapped flint version! Them boys are serious about the WSK.

I'd still like to see someone make a primitive version similar to what was made in the movie but still having the grind so the ' quarter rounder ' section can be used for rounding off arrow shafts and making fuzz sticks etc. The handle could be leather or jute wrapped.

That was pretty funny. Forging a knife with a small fire, and make it with the recurve AND sawback. Oh Hollywood.

Back