Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

This is my new Backwoods custom. Its going to be my primary hunting knife. Main use will be field dressing and skinning.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369937981621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369937981621.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 49
niiiiiice gun man! Im looking at getting a lever gun in 44 or 357 for a pack gun. What should I get, older Marlin????

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to get some decent pics of my new acquisitions. Let's see if the results to the subjects justice:

Picture001_zpsec9de38e.jpg

Picture004_zps18dcb9f5.jpg

Picture017_zpsf3a4d537.jpg

My KFU Urban Carry just arrived this afternoon and despite a bad case of tick fever (RMSF), that's kicking my butt, I had to step out back for a few minutes. I apologize for the lack of action but I'll put her to work good and proper once I get back on my feet. The fit and finish is phenomenal of course and the convex is stupid sharp. It is light but still plenty stout enough for my woods work. The blade profile lends itself to being very comfortable choked up when performing detailed tasks such as notching and whittling. She's definitely a keeper. Thanks again Chris!

qqyl.jpg

g4k9.jpg

Bill has absolutely blown me away with his generosity, and incredible craftsmanship.
MoC7rCs.jpg

Mv2uKAc.jpg

I was expecting 1095 after we had talked about damascus, and no lanyard hole since I hadn't thought to ask for one until after the hardening was done.
So what I got was this breathtaking blend of form and function, with everything I wanted, but thought I couldn't quite get, I was struck dumb.

Bill defines class.
I'm taking this on a week long camping trip in the Cascades next week, and will hopefully have a decent camera by then, and I plan to get acquainted with this beauty, and will hopefully have some good pictures to share when I get back.

Thanks so much Bill.

*Edit* I would add that this is terrible news, because with my first custom knife buying experience being so far beyond my initial expectations, I have the distinct impression that my bank account will be angry at me in the near future.

Last edited:
Bill is a first class guy. I love these beauties he made for me.

This one is up for grabs
IMG_4857_zpsf2d5f732.jpg

This one I carry daily!
54D5F6CF-8D1D-44B3-98CF-A3D2D8F6DB73_zps2lvvssmo.jpg

Tapatalk has pulled me back in this thread, and my oral hygiene is thankful for all the saliva :) these are some seriously gorgeous new patterns I haven't seen from you guys, love them!

Back