Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

Gods country! As a matter of fact, my grandfather lived on Signal Mtn forever before he passed.

Settling in for the night. Gotta get a polished edge back on this one. :)

IMG_5704.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356485977714.jpg

Light work today for this one. Everyone who came over admired the blade, though. :)

Finally went all the way through this thread, and this San Mai Wharncliffe is simply inspiring! Wow, awesome blade Bill and thanks for the pics IMWilson.

PICT0004.jpg

I have been AWOL again, but this post brought me right back
that is one sweet knife :)

My first Backwoods knife: Elite Hunter model with 1095/15N20 Explosion pattern blade. Ebony Wood bolsters with box elder handles. Absolutely gorgeous! (sorry about the pics, this knife deserves better) ;)

Well here they are, I hope to add a Tackett and a true Backwoods at some point but for now:

KFU Bushpik with the new sheath I just finished for it

And my Backwoods DIY blade blank that handled and sheathed

HERE IS A SPEAR POINT FOR A HOMETOWN FELLA AND B.F. MEMBER "JUST1MOR" THAT WANTED ME TO MAKE HIM ONE,IM NOT BIG ON SPEARS BUT ITS WHAT HE ORDERED.

just1027.jpg

Pitch, that knife still resides in my gun case, & was my first "custom" ever in my short 50+ years . . . . . but not a safe queen any more by no means. It took me forever just to bring myself to actually putting that blade into a piece of wood. BA kept telling me "Just Do It" . . . . I almost dropped a tear the first time I put scratches on it, but now it rides our property with me and has found it's way into my camping stuff as well.
If you are ever in the market for a knife, there are two of the best on this forum, & I have knives from both of them. You can not go wrong with either of them trust me. Both are great guys and great knife craftsman to boot . . . . :thumbup: :thumbup:
Be safe.

^^ I never thought I would own a Safe Queen or have an actual "collection" for collecting's sake. . . Until I started stalking BA's work.

I've now bought two - the first of which may be arriving today. Needless to say, I'm very excited about seeing her. Obviously, pics will follow shortly.

I don't know if I'll ever bring myself to touch my blades to anything but paper, as I fear I may shed more than just one tear if the aesthetics of these creations were ever marred by more than fingerprints and dust, but only time will tell. . .

Back