Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

sorry, didn't realize this was a brand exclusive thread. I'll remove my post when i figure out how. Great looking knives guys and major props for actually using them!

murph your fine leave your "PIC POST" alone its all good! Thanks for joining us!

That one was all Bills idea. I bought another knife and he sent the Snatchet with it. I honestly probably get more use out of it than any other knife I have owned.

I had a feeling you were going to say that, first thought I had too. I didn't say anything because if his ego gets anymore inflated than it already is, we will start getting autographed pictures of him posing with the knife included as well . . . . . . . :D :D
(just kidding BA old buddy, just kidding) . . . .
I must be dozing off saying something like that, completely out of character for me . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Yeah, leave it Murph. Bill and I were actually talking recently about some cord wrapped jobbies. I have a tin knife all drawn up but I don't know how cost effective it will be with my current steel. They will still use up a fair amount of 1 1/4 stock. We will see. I might just make one with a cutoff piece I have already and see how I like it.

Man, you don't want any pictures of that guy. It would turn you off of the knife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, again sorry for crashing the party. I prefer a cord wrapped handle on most knives I have on the river/lake just for the fact that it's excellent gripping even when wet. On the other hand, it's a bear to unwrap and rewrap after getting wet just to clean and oil.

Yeah, leave it Murph. Bill and I were actually talking recently about some cord wrapped jobbies. I have a tin knife all drawn up but I don't know how cost effective it will be with my current steel. They will still use up a fair amount of 1 1/4 stock. We will see. I might just make one with a cutoff piece I have already and see how I like it.
Chris, funny you & BA would be thinking about this. I was going to see what BA thought about taking the profile knife he made me, but put a cord wrapped handle on it instead. Don't know how much more labor, if any, would be needed to "plow" out the handle area to be able to cross-wrap it. About the best ones I have seen were the one's from Strider on most of their fixed blade designs. Might be something to check into down the road on one of the snowy and wet fall mornings . . . . . :D
(been in the 90's here all week, just wishful thinking on my part) . .
Be safe.

On the Strider note, I believe they drill a couple extra holes in the blank to get that wrap. You can view it on their site, under the how-to rewrap link.

Murphnuge, how far are you from Jeffersonville/Borden/New Albany area?? I have some friends that fish tournaments with me from down in that area along the Ohio.
Been a couple of years since I have been down that way, most of the time they are heading up in my direction.
Welcome to BA's & KFU's Midnight Madness Meltdown . . . .
Be safe.

I think Jeffersonville is right across the river from Louisville, in which case I'm about an 45min N of there. Thanks for the welcome!

Goof Up...
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!! LOL

Hey Chris, can you lend a guy a hand posting the pic of the 1 that i got from you?
Thanks bud.

Last edited:
Goof Up...
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!! LOL
Hey Chris, can you lend a guy a hand posting the pic of the 1 that i got from you?
Thanks bud.

BG, bro', this is gonna cost you big time . . .
Only thing a knife maker has to sell is his time . . . . . . :D
Just goshing KFU, BA had to do the same for me, lol...
Be safe.

Here ya go BG!

kephart001.jpg

kephart007.jpg

Here ya go BG!
kephart001.jpg

Chris, this is what I would call a "woods knife" . . . bushcrafting, food, skinning, camping, fire prep, heck anything that has got to do with the "woods" and needing a knife.
BG, good snag, make sure you put it to use buddy . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

Here ya go BG!
kephart001.jpg

Chris, this is what I would call a "woods knife" . . . bushcrafting, food, skinning, camping, fire prep, heck anything that has got to do with the "woods" and needing a knife.
BG, good snag, make sure you put it to use buddy . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

You bet, its been ridin my side since i got it.
Chris thanks for the help with pic, and the good blade...

Here's my Recurve Tanto Fighter that I received from Bill yesterday.

RecurveFighter.jpg

And I love it so much I already put another order in. Thanks Bill and keep up the great work!

Here's my Recurve Tanto Fighter that I received from Bill yesterday.
And I love it so much I already put another order in. Thanks Bill and keep up the great work!

RecurveFighter.jpg

Flash, give that knife a few days, it just keeps getting better and better the longer you have it . . . . :D
Good looking piece of work, I don't think BA has made an "ugly" knife in his life, nor KFU for that matter either . . . .
Nice going.
Be safe.

Back