P&L Statement Coming This Sunday May 22, 2022 At 9:00 PM Eastern . . . With A Nuclear Option!!!

Jerry Busse

The Busse Combat "P&L Statement" (PLS) will make its triumphant return this coming Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 9:00PM Eastern on the Busse Combat Website.

The P&L Statement was designed to sustain heavy abuse on the battlefield as both a fighter and a utility blade.
:thumbsup:
It is likewise well-suited for use as a day-camper/hiker.
bfcthumbsup.png

The deep dish hollow primary bevel and the broadly swept primary cutting edge greatly increase its slicing power!!!

The "P&L Statement" has an incredibly secure and comfortable grip in both a forward and reverse position.

The PLS is destined to make an important addition to any collector's or heavy abuser's war chest.
:thumbsup:

There are 3 renditions of this wicked blade available, including a Competition Finished edition, a Stonewashed edition, and a coated Combat Grade edition.

Let's Drink!
bfcthumbsup.png

Jerry

P&L Statement Specs:
Blade Length: Approx. 5 1/2"
Over All Length: Approx. 11"
Thickness: Approx. .210"
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Finish: Competition Finish*, Stonewashed, or Coated

* All three editions have double rounded outer perimeters!!!

*The Competition and Stonewashed Finish may have light machining marks visible.

P&L Statement Base Prices:

Combat Grade with your choice of coating: = $297.00

Stonewashed Finish = $327.00

Competition Finish:
$367.00

Handle Options:

Micarta: Black, Tan, Maroon, or Green Canvas = No extra charge.

Black G10 +$30.00

Multi Colored G10: Red and Black, Tan and Black, Blue and Black, Green and Black, Orange and Black
+$45.00

Nuclear Option: These are random selected handles that you have no choice in. +$60.00.
These are very limited and will be removed from our website, once they are sold out.
This will be your ONLY chance to get this model with the Nuclear Option!
All 3 editions can have the added Nuclear Option.
The Nuclaer Option will also feature the Busse Custom Shop Logo.
The Nuclear Option is a veritable grab-bag of handles that are unique, leftover from years gone by, or unusual combos of the aforementioned..

Coating:
Black, Desert Sage, Muddy Brown, Forest Green, Midnight Blue, Bronze, and Hammered Silver all at No extra charge.

Coated P&L Statement

PLS Coated 3B-X2.jpg

Stonewashed P&L Statement
PLS Stonewashed.jpg

P&L Statement with Competition Finish
PLS Comp 1-XL.jpg

P&L Statement Competition Finish
PLS Comp 2-X2.jpg

Small Sample of Nuclear Option Handles
PLS Nuke Handles.jpg

Wicked Cool, Boss! WIll the Nuclear Option feature the Busse Custom Shop logo as recent models have? That pile of Nuclear handles is probably my favorite of all the teaser pics I've seen, any of those would be fantastic!

Yes it will. I just added that to the description. Thanks for pointing that out!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Definitely taking the gamble on the Nuclear Option this go round. I’d go for the Meltdown Treatment, too, we’re it available.

Edit : *double rounded outer perimeters you say? Sweeeeet!!

If I got one it would have to be stonewash or muddy with those lime handles or the coyote. Think I'm sitting this one out though. Waiting on a few DT-12's and mountain duties already lol

Are they sharper then the Hell Razor because the Hell Razor was to bunt out of the Company.

These are very thick behind the edge. With some work. It will cut.

Actually, sharpness has little to do with geometry and what you are describing is actually related to cutting geometry. Sharpness is based pretty much entirely on the skill of the sharpener and equipment choices. If you have an issue with factory sharpness of Busse, you really need to send to someone such as myself who prioritizes sharpness over speed of sharpening. The common practice for sharpening is grind edge with high speed grinder, then polish on buffing wheel.

It lacks the 'teeth' for micro serrations of a true coarse edge and has a burred and overheated apex (micron size) so that it doesn't have extreme push cutting sharpeness either, though can generally shave. No factory knife will be great here but the assumption is basically that if the user has a preference for a 'better' edge then they will change it themselves or pay someone to produce what they want. Learn how to sharpen or pay someone to do it for you, the former is cheaper but is a skill.

Actually, sharpness has little to do with geometry and what you are describing is actually related to cutting geometry. Sharpness is based pretty much entirely on the skill of the sharpener and equipment choices. If you have an issue with factory sharpness of Busse, you really need to send to someone such as myself who prioritizes sharpness over speed of sharpening. The common practice for sharpening is grind edge with high speed grinder, then polish on buffing wheel.

It lacks the 'teeth' for micro serrations of a true coarse edge and has a burred and overheated apex (micron size) so that it doesn't have extreme push cutting sharpeness either, though can generally shave. No factory knife will be great here but the assumption is basically that if the user has a preference for a 'better' edge then they will change it themselves or pay someone to produce what they want. Learn how to sharpen or pay someone to do it for you, the former is cheaper but is a skill.
Yes. I am referring to cutting geometry. These are very thick behind the edge.

Back